DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 43 of 89 First ... 33414243444553 ... Last
    I posted this in the wrong forum, but Wizards never get Faerie Fire on their spell list. (It shows up as coming from the D&D Basic Rules - Players module)
    Screenshot 2021-06-15 201506.png

Interesting one. It's a spell in the Basic Rules certainly but as you say it's not included in either the Wizard or Cleric spell lists in that book - so I'm not exactly sure why it is there. Since it is there and since FG needs it to be on some spell list I imagine that the developer of the FG module included it in the Wizard spell list for want of a better place. I don't see it being a big problem since in most cases the Basic rules won't be being used for anything much.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I have players who often use the Basic Rules for character creation. Since it's included and they don't have the PHB (until they connect to me). Low priority, but I would hope it would be updated sometime in the future.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I have players who often use the Basic Rules for character creation. Since it's included and they don't have the PHB (until they connect to me). Low priority, but I would hope it would be updated sometime in the future.
    The only choice would be to remove the spell from the basic rules then. I can't leave it in and not have it connected to a spell list of some kind. So I'll do that. I will refer all complaints of broken links involving this spell to you and @AndreielChaoti
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It’s on the Druid and Bard spell lists, use those instead?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrielChaoti View Post
    It’s on the Druid and Bard spell lists, use those instead?
    Neither of those classes are in the Basic Rules; only Wizard and Cleric. I can't find any reason why that spell is in the Basic Rules list. And according to the latest pdf of the rules the spell is still in there - so it's never been the subject of errata. So it's a mystery.

That is indeed a mystery then.

EDIT: None of the classes or races in the basic rules have access to it at all. Strange indeed.
    EDIT AGAIN: If I had to guess it's because they want people to have access to it, it's a common spell, its just not used by the classes in the PDF. (one of these days I'll be able to complete a thought before posting it on a forum xD)
    Last edited by AndrielChaoti; June 16th, 2021 at 18:04.

Blog Entries
    Didn't realize it had to be attached to a spell list. IMO, not worth more worrying then

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Didn't realize it had to be attached to a spell list. IMO, not worth more worrying then
    You just don't want to handle the complaints

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You just don't want to handle the complaints
    True, but I don't want you to have to either!

Thread Information