DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 64 of 89 First ... 1454626364656674 ... Last

er.. just select the LOS points and click simlfily
    no?

Alright, I managed to squeeze in a couple of hours this morning and have updated the DotMM maps so that there are now substantially less occluders on many of the maps. Expect the update to be pushed in next Tuesday's updates.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'll answer for the sake of Zacchaeus having the feedback (and thank you very much for fixing the maps, Zacchaeus!)

What I observed was the simplify tool worked quite well in only-curvy areas but if a curvy area was a near a straight-lines area, it messed up the straight lines. I tried selecting only points in a curvy tunnel but it would pull in nearby points anyway -- maybe even from a tunnel that didn't connect directly on but was nearby -- and include them in the operation, resulting in chaos.

I made the request after spending half an hour and making quite a mess of Level 2. Obviously Zacchaeus is much more efficient than I am with using the tool, or perhaps I was doing something less than optimal. I have used it with great success on other maps and I think the DotMM maps are for a variety of reasons uniquely challenging.

In any case, since the maps are now updated no one should have a problem going forward.

It is going to depend on how the person who added the occluders did it. I tend to start at one point and keep going until I get back to the same point (if that is possible) so the occluders are usually very lengthy. Others might only do a few points at a time.

At any rate I did see what you were seeing which was that if you had a mixed straight and curvy occluder sometimes the simplify tool would remove a point from a straight bit causing the line to go squiffy. The solution to that is to add a new point to the affected line and then move it to the correct position. There were only a couple of times this happened (that I noticed anyway) and hopefully I caught them. I didn't actually bother using the tool in any of the maps which were just straight lines since I doubt that it would have simplified anything. I tend to draw from corner to corner when there's a straight wall - some may add more points. At any rate the tool is absolutely invaluable for cutting out the excess points in cave walls and the like. I reckon that in most of the maps I changed the occluder point count has gone down by about 75%.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I was able to work around the issue by basically doing the same thing (but in a different order): remove the point where the curved line meets the straight line (where the problem is occurring). Then I was able to simplify. Then I just added that one line segment back. Like I said, I think this is essentially the same solution as what Zacchaeus is suggesting, just a different order of operations.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It is going to depend on how the person who added the occluders did it. I tend to start at one point and keep going until I get back to the same point (if that is possible) so the occluders are usually very lengthy. Others might only do a few points at a time.
    Oh, so Fantasy Grounds keeps track of how many points you added without stopping? I did not know this! I would have thought that, as long as the walls connected up, it wouldn't matter if you went all the way around without stopping, or stopped and started multiple times. But that may explain why I was sometimes getting unexpected results.

I'll have to try sciencephile's workaround next time.

Yes, occluder points are added as you make them. If you end one it ends that sequence and starts a new one when you start again. So you could easily have one continuous line with 100 points followed by one with just two and then one with 25. When you double click on a point it selects all the points in that sequence so that could be just two points or hundreds.

It also starts a new sequence when you change the occluder type, for obvious reasons. If you ever change an occluder on a map go to the moduledb folder inside the campaign folder and you can load the xml in an editor to see how the points are saved.

Hide die rolls from players.

This is in the setting window. It doesn't seams to hide player rolls when I activate it.

Do you mean the Chat: Show GM Rolls? If so that's working fine for me. If I set it to on then the players don't see any results in chat apart from the total roll and whether it's a hit or miss. If I also switch off Chat: Show results to Client then they don't see the total roll or the result either.

So what part isn't working for you? And make sure that you are testing without any extensions.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 3rd, 2021 at 14:06.

Thread Information