STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 89 First ... 513141516172565 ... Last
    I agree that the table isn't very useful since it just outputs strings to chat. It's there as an optional thing really so that DMs can - if they want to - use it if they don't want to use the template. If I remember correctly the Story Template were just being developed whilst I was converting the module so the tables were written before story templates were in the ruleset. It was only after the module was finished that the templates were included in the ruleset and I went back into the module and added those in (which necessitated writing new tables). I just left the original tables in the module. I could just remove them but I doubt anyone will really use them and you are the only person to have mentioned them since the module was released 5 years ago. The table is just a simple table which allows for a single roll to generate all the variations for a beholder eye rather than having to roll on four different ones. It could probably be improved by outputting to a story entry rather than chat.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    IT seems to me the table is not intended to be used outside of the story template. Maybe updating the table descriptions with that info would solve any such confusion?
    That table isn't used by the story template.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Not a real bug:
    • D&D Sword Coast Adventure's Guide is on it's own in the module group Campaign Guide. The stripped version for the Players is in Core Rules with some other resources.
    • FG Battle Maps is in Maps, and D&D Dungeon Mater's Guide - Maps is in Map Pack

Is there a logic in this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Not sure if this fits the term “logical”, but not everyone owns every module, every book or item pumped out by WotC. I’m sure WotC has allowed the items you mention to be shared with the public outside of Sword Coast... True it is a duplication of content, for some, but not everyone. (I hope I’ve expressed this well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Not sure if this fits the term “logical”, but not everyone owns every module, every book or item pumped out by WotC. I’m sure WotC has allowed the items you mention to be shared with the public outside of Sword Coast... True it is a duplication of content, for some, but not everyone. (I hope I’ve expressed this well.)
    I don't mind an author having a category on its own. But if he does, name it accordingly. If you use a more general name, it would be nice if it fitted in schemes others are already using. It's but a small thing, no worries if one doesn't. Zacchaeus has probably chosen the naming convention for the WOTC and FG stuff. That seemed to be internally inconsisten, even within a book. See images.

Image replaced with a better example:
    module groups maps.png
    1B215341-72C6-4687-AB38-4AEA6E55AEDB.jpeg
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 6th, 2021 at 13:30. Reason: Edit: better example

Missing text in Stronghold and Followers

Hello, there is a line of text missing in Strongholds and Followers:
    Under "Strongholds by Class" and the "Wizard's Library" the third item in the Demesne Effects only says "Once per day, the wizard"

A few typos. So in the Eberron RFTLW reference manual, it sill lists prosthetic limbs as requiring attunement. The corresponding item appears to have been fixed, just not the description in the reference manual. Similarly, though I'm not sure there' official errata for the book yet, the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount version of prosthetic limb still requires attunement. For the Divine Contention adventure, it has a creature with a CR "o". The TYP Hidden Shrine module also has creature with a CR "1/1".
    Divine Contention Adventure.png
    Eberron RFTLW.png
    Explorer's Guide to Wildemount.png
    Items list EGTW.png
    TYP Hidden Shrine.png

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Not a real bug:
    • D&D Sword Coast Adventure's Guide is on it's own in the module group Campaign Guide. The stripped version for the Players is in Core Rules with some other resources.
    • FG Battle Maps is in Maps, and D&D Dungeon Mater's Guide - Maps is in Map Pack

Not really. Different developers with different ideas of how to categorise things I suppose. I think it's logical to split SCAG into a campaign guide and core rules although I would have put the players bit into Supplement. I can change the DMG to Maps if it makes you happier

Quote Originally Posted by SirStromming View Post
    Hello, there is a line of text missing in Strongholds and Followers:
    Under "Strongholds by Class" and the "Wizard's Library" the third item in the Demesne Effects only says "Once per day, the wizard"
    Noted, thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhuk View Post
    A few typos. So in the Eberron RFTLW reference manual, it sill lists prosthetic limbs as requiring attunement. The corresponding item appears to have been fixed, just not the description in the reference manual. Similarly, though I'm not sure there' official errata for the book yet, the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount version of prosthetic limb still requires attunement. For the Divine Contention adventure, it has a creature with a CR "o". The TYP Hidden Shrine module also has creature with a CR "1/1".
    Noted; thanks for the report.

Thread Information