DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 82 of 89 First ... 32728081828384 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    The ENCOUNTER CHOICE image in my original post shows the box symbol right in the middle of the text - I believe that it is where apostrophes or hyphens are supposed to be, but it is an unrecognized character by Fantasy Grounds. These are scattered through-out the text - I only noticed a few story entries that didn't have at least one error of this type.

The grid did align in FGU. I am not certain if FG Classic accepts a fractional (55.5 vs 55 for example) amount; if it does, the alignment issue is resolvable on the map that I used as an example - probably more. Try the numbers in the image - 55.7 should align the grid.

Thanks!

Thanks, Topdecker.

FG Classic does not have decimal adjustments for the grid. After speaking with James Holloway at Smiteworks the characters / brackets are characters that FGU does not recognize. Courts of the Shadow Fey was created within Fantasy Grounds Classic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't have this problem with other classic modules. There are 6 glitches in small bit of text, all of them caused by quote-marks.

Even if it doesn't have the problem with the quotations, other older modules are somehow not having this issue on my FGU install. I went and checked.

I don't have this problem with other classic modules. There are 6 glitches in small bit of text, all of them caused by quote-marks.

Even if it doesn't have the problem with the quotations, other older modules are somehow not having this issue on my FGU install. I went and checked.

Attached is the duplicate story entry in Fantasy Grounds Classic. Possible that FGU has issues with curly or straight quotations? Outside my knowledge of FGU. The Courts of the Shadow Fey module primarily was copied from the InDesign file, not a PDF.

I have not used FGU yet, let alone opened Fantasy Grounds Classic in almost two years, lol. I'll need to delve into the FGU wiki and learn a thing or two.

Again, thanks, Topdecker.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Attached is the duplicate story entry in Fantasy Grounds Classic. Possible that FGU has issues with curly or straight quotations? Outside my knowledge of FGU. The Courts of the Shadow Fey module primarily was copied from the InDesign file, not a PDF.

I have not used FGU yet, let alone opened Fantasy Grounds Classic in almost two years, lol. I'll need to delve into the FGU wiki and learn a thing or two.

Again, thanks, Topdecker.
    You'll need to unzip the module and look at the db.xml file. Find the code for the offending symbols and then replace them with quotes. It's usually the 'sharp' quotes that isn't liked. I can't remember the code now but it'll be fairly obvious which one it is when you compare the xml to a know passage of text that has the issue. Uses whatever text editor you use to replace all the offending parts in one go. Then just re-zip up the file. Actually you may be able to do this with the campaign db in the campaign that you created the module in.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Appreciate you looking at it, Vis. Without FGU, you are sort of working blind.

I was unaware that FGU had these limitations. BTW, Zacchaeus, I always thought of them as directional quote marks - a left and a right -vs- the straight one.

EDIT: Vis, if you would like me to scan for other offending characters, I am happy to look around. It would probably be easier to get the bulk (if not all) of it done in one go.

Last edited by Topdecker; November 30th, 2021 at 12:34.

We will address the capitalization issue as well as add the Margreve Regional Map.

Quote Originally Posted by mixologee View Post
    We will address the capitalization issue as well as add the Margreve Regional Map.
    That is good to hear and it will help make the product more cohesive.

I already rigged one of my own:

I am planning on running a campaign out of Zobeck and the Margreve is basically right next door. I copied the descriptive parts out of the module and then created a separate module for just the map.

EDIT: By the way, I am not sure why higher-res maps and such can't be included as a distinct module and then intended for FGU users. I am not necessarily talking about this module - I am just saying in general, having an FGU content module doesn't seem like a wild idea for older products.

Last edited by Topdecker; November 30th, 2021 at 22:45.

Perfect, thank you for the update

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You'll need to unzip the module and look at the db.xml file. Find the code for the offending symbols and then replace them with quotes. It's usually the 'sharp' quotes that isn't liked. I can't remember the code now but it'll be fairly obvious which one it is when you compare the xml to a know passage of text that has the issue. Uses whatever text editor you use to replace all the offending parts in one go. Then just re-zip up the file. Actually you may be able to do this with the campaign db in the campaign that you created the module in.
    Thanks, Zacchaeus. Great suggestion! Better than replacing each character individually, as I thought would be the course of action, lol. Is there a list of characters that FGU does not recognize?

Appreciate you looking at it, Vis. Without FGU, you are sort of working blind.

I was unaware that FGU had these limitations. BTW, Zacchaeus, I always thought of them as directional quote marks - a left and a right -vs- the straight one.

EDIT: Vis, if you would like me to scan for other offending characters, I am happy to look around. It would probably be easier to get the bulk (if not all) of it done in one go.

This issue prompted me to install FGU, lol finally.

That would be great! But that's entirely up to you, though. Hopefully, Smiteworks has a list of offending characters that I can use to search and replace them. Again, thanks to Zacchaeus for the suggestion!

I spent a lot of time creating the Courts of the Shadow Fey module. Layout, story entry structure, reference manual. Significant time in Photoshop creating backgrounds for each monster, tokens, maps, etc. Then adding all of the extra little bits to make the DMs job a little easier in the module. For it all to be tarnished by some annoying characters, lol.

Thread Information