DICE PACKS BUNDLE

A different type of post :)

Hello all and wishes for 2021.

Usually we post in forums to find information, report problems, rant about problems... (more than we would like to admit)

I just want to thank the FG/U team for developing this product which has made it possible for me to play again, after so many years of hiatus, unable to get the crew together.

We started playing in March, one night, with almost no prior knowledge of 5E or FG. We just jumped in and decided that instead of trying to figure everything out, we would just run with the flow. It was the start of the COVID-19 lockdown.

We are running a session for almost every week, for the past 8 months.

There will always be bugs, features missing, frustration, these times where we bump our heads saying "how the heck will I do this?".

But the grand total is clearly and undeniably in the positive side.

We have fun!

So thanks again team and keep up the good work!

I´d like to add to that.

Though i´ve been playing (A)D&D and a lot of other RPGs for about 25 years, i´ve almost abandoned the hobby as life moved on (jobs, family, the usual)
    We managed to keep playing every few weeks or so, but since March we´ve played more games than i can count, met new people to play and chat with and had a ton of fun.

Thanks for that, Happy new year and stay safe and healthy.
    Happy gaming

Hear hear! Nice work Smiteworks Team!

Happy New Year!

Absolutely.

I'd gone from multiple games a week as a student 30 years ago to weekly games to a few weekends a year gaming. I started a local games club and was just getting it going when lockdowns started. Somewhat in despair, I tried running a single game online using a VTT.

Nine months later and I've tried most of the major VTTs, I've played several long campaigns, still in a couple, a bunch of one-shots, assembled a new gaming group as well as now playing with my college housemates again on a weekly basis, now running two campaigns a week and playing two as well.

I settled on FGU as the best for my purposes. It's not without flaws, but as a GM organisational tool it excels. I spend less time doing more effective prep than I ever managed in person. I've even used it (with permission) for some commercial videos. I've integrated soundscapes with Syrinscape and Mattekurre's extensions, providing a very easy to administer but very powerful multi-media experience for the players and for myself. It brings together many of the things I tried to pull together in my youth but is so much easier than trying to queue music from a tape and have a slide projector to show photographs and battlemaps sketched on old bits of paper and painted figures... not to mention a home-written combat tracker program on my old Acorn Archimedes (to automate RoleMaster combat, back in the day). God I had so much energy back then! But it was so much work for less effective results. FGU lets you make games awesome, speeds up running them, and makes preparing them a task I actively enjoy rather than a chore.

I've played games with friends old and new across the world, from California to Norway to Australia.

I'm certainly planning on keeping the weekly FGU games even when it becomes possible to play in person again.

I've also been consistently impressed by the FGU community and the friendliness of FGU staff, the openness on the forums, and the general collaborative nature of the people here.

So... great job, Smiteworks team. Thank you!

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Hywel
    Last edited by HywelPhillips; December 31st, 2020 at 14:48.

Thread Information