DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    I don't know if I'm no using this right or if the recent spate of updates for SWADE/SWPF have affected this item. I have enabled it on load and set it in options to automatically roll for NPCs. When a player Tests against an NPC it is automatically rolling the defense for the NPC and I'm getting an option to select Vulnerable or Distracted. So far, so good. However nothing happens after that. No status message pops up on the GMs combat tracker apply the player's selection. Also, I thought I had seen this work in game I played in several weeks ago and it was automatically rolling on the Creative Combat table, but I'm not seeing it happen. The player and the GM both have access to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by rigerco View Post
    I don't know if I'm no using this right or if the recent spate of updates for SWADE/SWPF have affected this item. I have enabled it on load and set it in options to automatically roll for NPCs. When a player Tests against an NPC it is automatically rolling the defense for the NPC and I'm getting an option to select Vulnerable or Distracted. So far, so good. However nothing happens after that. No status message pops up on the GMs combat tracker apply the player's selection. Also, I thought I had seen this work in game I played in several weeks ago and it was automatically rolling on the Creative Combat table, but I'm not seeing it happen. The player and the GM both have access to the table.
    I'm seeing the same here, FWIW.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

There's an issue where a windowclass is called by an old(?) name.

If you feel comfortable, you can open FastTests.ext; navigate to ct_host_extension.xml; and change Line 3 from
    Code:
    <windowclass name="combatant" merge="join">
    to
    Code:
     <windowclass name="ct_entry" merge="join">
    until Chillhelm releases an official update.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Thank you for the option, but as you suggested, I am not comfortable with this sort of coding. I am a highly capable user of other people's hard work, but not very handy behind the scenes.

This was actually very easy to do and it works!
    First - make a copy of the extension and put .new on the end.
    I already had 7zip. I just used that to extract the ct_host_extension.xml file.
    Opened it in notepad and changed the entry that srbongo noted.
    Saved.
    Deleted the old file name from 7Zip and then dragged and dropped the saved file into 7zip.
    Close
    Rename the original file with .old on the end to preserve it.
    Remove the .new from your updated extension and launch Fantasy Grounds.
    viola - you now have Fast Tests working as it is supposed to, with distracted/vulnerable options that work and auto rolling of Creative Combat on a raise.

Excellent help, Srbongo!

This makes me so durn happy! Have an attaboy!

Well, you've boosted my morale. I think with the extra support I will try my unskilled hacking roll later today. At least I won't suffer the -2 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by srbongo View Post
    There's an issue where a windowclass is called by an old(?) name.

If you feel comfortable, you can open FastTests.ext; navigate to ct_host_extension.xml; and change Line 3 from
    Code:
    <windowclass name="combatant" merge="join">
    to
    Code:
     <windowclass name="ct_entry" merge="join">
    until Chillhelm releases an official update.
    Thanks!

OK,I am sure this would work, but this less than computer genius can't find a way to open the .ext file without getting a long page full of mysterious symbols. Maybe I best just leave it for the expert, Mr. Chillhelm to fix it. Thanks for trying to help.

Extensions are zipped. They aren't a single file, they are usually a couple of directories with files in them. You can change the .ext to .zip and open it with PeaZIP. You would need to edit the file and put it back in the folder you found it. It is a good idea to make a copy of the file and change the extension to .old or .bak, just in case you make matters worse you can go back the copied file.

I'm running into an issue getting the Test results applied. This was working fine until very recently--there were errors logged during our session on December 2nd, then more errors on December 9th. Now, there are no error logs populating, but there doesn't appear to be an intuitive way to confirm and apply Test results.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information