DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

I just updated all three extensions, and only the mass battles seems to be flagged correctly for SWPF. Which is odd, because chillhelm updated them recently. It must be one of those bug wandering encounters. A benny to whoever slays it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    chillhelm recently updated his extensions to work with PF SWADE. Manually run an FGU update. The extension updates don't register and highlight the update button like other updates do. That feature is still being worked on.
    If that doesn't solve it, delete the FastTests.ext file from the extensions folder then run the update. That will download the latest version.
    Sometimes the extension update gets stuck. (It did for me on this very extension.) The system still has a couple of kinks to work out, but they're doing a good job with it.
    I'll delete and rerun the update! Thanks!
    When the GM smiles, it's too late!

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

Quote Originally Posted by Whaley View Post
    I'll delete and rerun the update! Thanks!
    So...I deleted the extension, closed FGU then reopened it and ran the update. Still doesn't show up for use in Pathfinder for Savage Worlds. Ideas?

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

Until chillhelm gets it sorted, you can manually change it.

Close FGU.

Find the file FastTests.ext in the FGU extensions folder.

Open it with a zip file application (like 7-zip winzip or winrar). If it helps, you can change the extension from .ext to .zip to make the change. Remember to change it back when you're done.

Inside the ext file is a file named extension.xml. Its the only file below the FastTests folder.

Extract extension.xml to a temporary location.

Open the file with notepad, or something that can read plain text files or xml files.

You'll see xml. Look for the node <ruleset> that has a node under it that looks like this:
    Code:
    <name>PFSW</name>
    It's on line 10.

Change
    Code:
    <name>PFSW</name>
    to
    Code:
    <name>SWPF</name>
    Save the file and close it.

Put the updated extension.xml back into FastsTests.ext. Overwrite the one that's there.

Close FastTests.

Rename FastsTests.zip back to FastsTests.ext if you need to.

When you start FGU, it should now list for your SWPF game.

Don't worry about messing this up. If you do, delete FastTests.ext and run an FGU update to replace it.
    You can do the same thing for other extensions that should run in SWPF that aren't being recognized.

Works now! Thanks!

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

I've uploaded a new build with the new ruleset definitions. Can somebody who owns Pathfinder confirm that it works now? (Either in the top post or on the Forge)
    Check out my Extensions for Savage Worlds:
    Arcane Devices:Forge and github
    Mass Battles: Forge and github
    Fast Tests: Forge and github
    Reload Consumption: Forge
    Chase&Combat Compilation: Forge

I know Test is Test and such but Fast Test throws an error in Test. Thought you might like to know.

fasttesttestbug.png

Hm... it seems I can't reproduce this error without more information.
    Can you give me more details or even send me a campaign where this error occurs?
    Is this FGU or FGC? SWADE, Deluxe or Pathfinder?

The error message seems to indicate that the ModifierManager in your version is misbehaving. That is a central part of the Savage Worlds rolling API, so if this affects you, it likely hits other people too.

I'll get more information this evening after work. It's FGU, SWADE (Lankhmar, doubt that matters but just in case).

And not Live, Test. In case you missed that
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; November 16th, 2021 at 09:50.

Right. Test branch. That explains it. I'll have to check that out and develop new versions of all my extensions probably. But I have games to run tonight and tomorrow and I don't want to mess everything up in between (for fear of borking something permanently).

So I'll probably get around to fixing this on Thursday or Friday.

I hope that works for you.

Best,
    Chillhelm

Thread Information