STAR TREK 2d20

Leadership & Tactics - for use with the CT

Hi Folks,

Something that happens in my games as the use of Leadership and Tactics in combat. We all know how lethal combat is and the ability to add +2 (for example) to all of the teams inits can mean they all act before their adversaries. Though I also play the NPC rolling Tactics and Leadership...

So been thinking how best to automate this.

Add both Tactics and Leadership into the 'Misc Actions'.

When Tactics is dragged from that section onto the CT, make the Tactics roll and then automatically apply the effect to all 'Ally' toons, using the MOD field. This then allows the GM to remove from any specific NPC's/Players who they feel shouldn't have this bonus (ie in a different area of the map and can't hear etc).

Now for Leadership. You drag the dice onto the CT and it makes a roll now it stats how many boons/banes the player has to give to other Travellers. My thinking here is I add an 'effect' button to the Leadership entry in Misc Actions (like you have in DnD etc) and that gets dragged onto the various players and they may then call when they wish to use the Boon/Bane and the effect is removed.

I welcome thinking on this. I think the Tactics automation should work nicely, but Leadership.... thoughts please!

Oh and yes, the same could be applied for Ship Combat with 'Tactics (Naval)' rather than 'Tactics (Military)'

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; December 30th, 2020 at 18:34.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Tactics sounds good. Leadership I'm not sure on. Leadership boons only last 1 turn - so can you tag the effect to last only one turn ?

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    Tactics sounds good. Leadership I'm not sure on. Leadership boons only last 1 turn - so can you tag the effect to last only one turn ?

Xargun
    Yea it does, and yes, an effect can be timed to last 1 turn. Cool, solves that issue.

Cheers!
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

It'd be great if they expire on the turn of the person who made the leadership roll. So those that act before the character makes the leadership roll can still make use of the boon.

Thread Information