DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Stars Without Number and Worlds WIthout Number

Hello, apologies if this is not the right place to ask these questions.

I am looking to potentially use fantasy grounds for the systems (that are very similar) called Stars without number and worlds without number. I am trying to see if I can figure out how to set it up but have a few questions:

1. Calculating saves requires knowing the level of a player and the corresponding attribute modifier. I learned how to add the attribute (see picture below) and can reference the modifier field and I have the character level field - but wanted input on the formula.

attribute morecore.png

Essentially the roll is a d20 and the DC = 16-character level-Relevant attribute modifier. I set the roll up like this:
    save roll - non working.png

but this only compares it to 16. So I tried to do the following instead:
    /chall 1d20+(a)+(b)x16

which seems to work fine and I think is equivalent. Is this the best way to do this?

2. What is the best way to make rolls like above as templates, or is this even possible without scripting? Is it possible for a value from the rolls library to "look" for an attribute or some skill when the roll is dragged to the character sheet or will you always have to drag the relevant attribute into the GUI param value?

3. Along the same lines as 2 and pretty equivalent, how do I create a character sheet/NPC sheet template without scripting for when I want to create a new character/NPC? Do I have to format a new sheet how I like it, keep it as a template in the PC library and copy paste it whenever I want a new one?

4. How do I do a roll x die drop lowest with an attribute modifier? I tried /rolld3d6x1+5 but it ignores the +5

I think I'll leave it there for now but will likely have more questions.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Sorry I meant to ask as well - there seems to be something broken with MoreCore (either itself or with how I installed it). I have the fantasy grounds unity demo right now, I downloaded MoreCore off the forums and when I started a new campaign, the "rolls" and "world builder" icons seem to be missing. See screenshot
    morecore broken icon.png
    Last edited by thatguy14; December 30th, 2020 at 12:20. Reason: Additional error

Did you click on the Library button and make sure all the button are checked?

Attachment 42381

I am no expert but I set up the rolls using a level and a skill modifier. Let me know if you need any more help.

And to answer your question, once you set it up on a character sheet you can drag and drop. If you want to go XML route then create an extension.
    Last edited by bayne7400; December 30th, 2020 at 22:40.

Blog Entries
    Ok do it like this:

Create your Roll
    Drag your level into Ref Field A
    and drag your skill into F=Ref Field B or use P1 to hold skill

Then use the [brackets] to do your math like this:

/chall 1d20x[16-(a)-(b)]

or

/chall 1d20x[16-(a)-(p1)]

Thread Information