STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Introducing the new Discovery Queue for the Store

This page should now show you suggestions based on your previous purchase history. You will need to be logged on to get personalized suggestions, otherwise you will just get the overall suggestions. Please let me know what you think in the comments below.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/discovery.php

That is FANTASTIC!! Great job so much easier to use, I can spend more money now!...My wife can kill me. Oh well. Great job much much much better than it was. Thank You.

Ooh, that looks good. All the suggestions I got were sensible and in line with what I have in my library. Nice work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Nicely done.

So, logged in so getting personalized suggestion I would comment the following;

- Why show me any licenses? I have FGC-U and FGU-U so unlikely I should get any license suggestions.
    - I don't have any (?) PF/3.5 or Savage Worlds items, so it's interesting that I have two such categories, maybe because I have AAW stuff for 5E?
    - I like how you put the Indie suggestions first, I already know WotC's products, so don't need reminders there of what I don't have as much as I like suggestions for new stuff I don't know about.
    - Surprised I didn't see a non-WotC 5E category suggestion for me. Perhaps for AAW or Frog God or other 3PP/Indies. That would be useful and tempting for me.
    - There is a "Winter Sale" banner at the top of the page, but it's not a link. Wouldn't that be nice to be a link to current sale items?
    - What about Ruleset suggestions? I don't think I have any purchased ones, but might be good to promote those.
    - Also, since I have so many 5E purchases, what about a "Try Something New" category, could throw in things from D&D Classics, plus things totally new to me? Like totally different genres (StarFinder, Traveller, etc)

Also, does this banner mean I am or am not already logged in?
    Your personal recommendations are shown below. Be sure to logon first to utilize your purchase history for the most accurate results.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about adding in a rulesets link. Category and publisher categories work now pretty easily, but I have to rethink the bit about rulesets since they span multiple categories. I could always do it as another query... I just generally like when everything fits in a nice neat loop without redundant code. It will work, I just have to refactor it a bit.

Another new feature I just added...

You can now add username=XXX to the end to see recommended items for anyone else. These will be items they won't have purchased on the fantasygrounds.com store, so it may be great way to send someone a link to shop for you.

Since LordEntrails gave lots of great feedback, I will use him as an example.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...e=LordEntrails

If you go to your own page, it should generate the link for you that you can share.
    Last edited by ddavison; December 30th, 2020 at 01:59.

Nice system

But I am not sure whether it works for me, I am logged in, but I seem to get only the general suggestions; when I use the LordEntrails link from above, then I get precisely the same suggestions. Then I tried Zacchaeus and other users and I always get the same suggestions

Blog Entries
    Try it again now. I think it was a Cloudflare caching issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Try it again now. I think it was a Cloudflare caching issue.
    ah, now it works, thanks a lot

I really like it. Shows me a good selection of things, that I may have been thinking about picking up.

I second LordEntrails about the licenses. I have unity and classic ultimate, but was shown options to purchase the standard licenses multiple times. This could cause a bit of a problem for someone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You can now add username=XXX to the end to see recommended items for anyone else. These will be items they won't have purchased on the fantasygrounds.com store, so it may be great way to send someone a link to shop for you.
    I assume for now someone would still have to purchase then gift items? I know others have requested a wish list feature and maybe this could be the start of that...? Or the ability to buy directly for another user from this page?

Anyway, this is good all on it's own. A few suggestions, but glad to see this as is.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information