5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I've found them thanks. Had a play, and unfortunately the DD2VTT export doesn't make any distinction between doors and windows, so we won't be able to get a script to do so.

I made a few edits to the code and managed to get it to recognize doors vs windows, as long as they're set within Dungeondraft. If the portal is set to "Block Light", it will be treated as a door. If set to "Allow Light", it will be treated as a window.

I'm not a coder outside of some intro classes, and know pretty much nothing about Python, xml, or JSON, so it's probably not the best coding. But here's my update and I put in a request to the original author to merge changes.https://github.com/mleonardalbert/draft2fgu

Thank you! That's great work!

To add on to the fun... I've just put in pull requests to add the basics of lights, and to set the grid size to the exported resolution. Two separate branches for pull request reasons.

https://github.com/Imagix/draft2fgu

Imagix, that sounds great.

mla96, the original creator made an exe that I could just click on. How does your .py file work?

Hmm.. I'm primarily a linux person. And his Github doesn't seem to have the executable either. Will have to look a little to see how people want to package python scripts for Windows.

I'm hoping that mla96 reviews the pull requests I've done in the next few days. It seems impolite to just fork their project and tell people "just use mine".

Say, I don't think mla96 is the original author either. Looks like he's forked off of the same build that seems to be originally published by Rahul Issac. (https://github.com/rahulisaac/draft2fgu) Though, his github doesn't seem to show any activity since last July, but commented on an issue in Feb. Let's see if they answer the pull requests.

similarly, I didn't see this until now. I have been learning Python so I didn't think about the exe file. I found a method to create an exe from a py file, so it's uploaded to my page now.

Imagix, yeah, I just forked it from Rahul Issac because I wanted to share the modification I made. I am not really familiar with Github, so I don't know if I'm missing things, but I don't see pull requests from you. I can't speak for Rahul Issac, but I am perfectly fine if you want to tell people to use your files. I likely won't be making many changes, I just wanted to tinker with the windows functionality because I was using windows a lot in maps.

I'd posted the pull request to Rahul's project. But, then I'd decided that since Rahul doesn't appear to be responding, and with no stated license, that I'd write up my own script. (I was not trying to say that _you_ weren't responding/showing any activity)

Thread Information