5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Script on Reddit to Convert Dungeondraft LOS to xml for Fantasy Grounds

The other day, on reddit, I found this thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyGrou...geondraft_los/

Here's the github link
    https://github.com/rahulisaac/draft2fgu/releases/

Follow the directions in the readme, but here's the short version:
    Export from dungeondraft to vtt format (instead of image file).
    Put the script/exe in the folder with the files. Run the exe. It will automatically put png images and xml files in the same folder. Put the png files and xml files directly into the images folder for your campaign.

From the campaign, you can either create the image directly from an asset, OR create and image and drag the asset in. LOS is already calculated, including doors, walls and windows. Haven't tried secret doors yet, but that's next on my agenda! Everything works, including being able to open and close doors. Hope this helps other dungeondraft users.

and the Python Script is here - https://github.com/rahulisaac/draft2fgu

This could end up being very useful to me in a copule of months. TY for the info!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

One small problem I noticed is that it treats windows and doors the same. I'm having to delete the door LOS on windows to put in proper window LOS.

QUESTION:
    Dungeondraft can export to VTT format. Any chance that FGU could at some point be able to import these vtt files without needing a 3rd party script/exe? It would save a step.

If FGU could import VTT Format - you would have a Dungeondraft map in 30 seconds, with LOS built in. Its all done in Python. Hopefully one day - or the mapping in FGU makes stuff like Dungeondraft obsolete for us FGU Elite

Well, I've actually started doing some maps with the some of the tile sets like the Black Scrolls series.

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    One small problem I noticed is that it treats windows and doors the same. I'm having to delete the door LOS on windows to put in proper window LOS.
    I wasn't aware that Dungeondraft had a window object type. The only thing I've come across in terms of 'portals' have been doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I wasn't aware that Dungeondraft had a window object type. The only thing I've come across in terms of 'portals' have been doors.
    Maybe try updating to the latest version. Mine has doors AND windows, but I think mine ORIGINALLY had windows. It later had more with an update, though. However, they're grouped together in the same place.

The "windows" in many cases in Dungeondraft look like doors unless you zoom in. But if the you hover the mouse over the object it will say window instead of door.

Thread Information