DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How do I import a LOS .XML file into my campaign?

Dungeon Painter Studio 2 just released, and when you export a file it adds LOS for Fantasy Grounds Unity. It gives a .jpeg file and .xml file. I haven't been able to find a way to import the .xml file for the LOS. Is there a way to do this?

Interesting question.

You can’t import a file that I am aware of. Normally the xml file will be in the images folder inside a module. So you could try putting the xml file in the same folder as the image, I’d suggest putting the image and the xml file in the images folder inside the campaign folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That is what I did first but here is what I did wrong, because of the video I found. I opened a blank map and brought the map image onto that new map and it didn't work. I just opened my assets and double clicked the map image that had the same named .xml file in the campaign image folder and then clicked the import to campaign button and it worked. I had both files in the campaign image file from the start. Thank you, your suggestion lead me to the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBetween View Post
    That is what I did first but here is what I did wrong, because of the video I found. I opened a blank map and brought the map image onto that new map and it didn't work. I just opened my assets and double clicked the map image that had the same named .xml file in the campaign image folder and then clicked the import to campaign button and it worked. I had both files in the campaign image file from the start. Thank you, your suggestion lead me to the fix.
    Arghh - I used DunGen LOS - and it made a LOS file. I put it in the moduledb folder and the maskedimages folder and neither worked. So then I edited the db.xml file and inserted it there... Now I know for future reference where to put it LOL.

I found a script/exe that will make an LOS xml file for dungeondraft maps, and putting it in the images file worked!

Blog Entries
    I'm sure it would be greatly appreciate if one of you who have figure it out made a step by step tutorial

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm sure it would be greatly appreciate if one of you who have figure it out made a step by step tutorial
    Zacchaeus already did. Put the .xml in the images folder.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong..

I used dungen site to generate a dungon with a LOS.xml file..

I put the xml file and jpg file of same name into images folder for campaign and FG/images folder. I also tried importing the map via assets and images with the xml file in same folders..

So far LOS is not empty

There's no guarantee that third party created LoS will work. But as noted above others have discovered that placing the image and the .xml file with the same name in the images folder inside the campaign works. If it isn't working for you then perhaps the .xml foramt isn't correct.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

When you say inside the campaign what do you mean.. I have been putting the images in

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds\campaigns\<campaignname>\images

Then go to images window and import the file..

is this what you mean?

Regards

Thread Information