FG Spreadshirt Swag

Connecting to cloud game with demo

The only option for connecting to a game with the demo version requires inputting an IP address. How do you connect to a cloud game (hosted by someone the Ultimate version, or as the sole player)?

You can't connect to a FGU-hosted game from a FGC client. Only FGU supports the "cloud" option for connection brokering; FGC requires the GM to provide an alias or IP address.

Regards,
    JPG

Sorry, I need to ask for further clarification here. Would someone with the Standard version be able to connect to a cloud game hosted by someone with the Standard version? (I can see that the Standard version includes both "host a cloud game" and "join a cloud game," I'm just wondering if something would interfere with the connection step.)

Blog Entries
    Hi Beroli

There is 2 different versions of the engine now - not talking licenses here - talking about the actual engine.

Fantasy Grounds Classic requires a hostname/alias/ipaddress to connect to
    Fantasy Grounds Unity is generally used via the Cloud broker service and you select your GM by name or from the list

You cant connect Classic to Unity or vice versa

--

Licensing wise it goes like this:

Demo can host a demo game for one demo user
    Standard can host a demo game for one demo user or it can host any number of players that have standard or ultimate licenses
    Ultimate can host any number of players that have standard or ultimate licenses or demo licenses

But still Classic <=> Classic and Unity <=> Unity only.

Thread Information