FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Text Format Issue

I seem to have a text formatting issue in some CoC modules but not others. I noticed it particularly while reading through Doors to Darkness and then went looking for it in other areas. The problem seems that whatever font is used in certain sections doesn't like apostrophes and em dashes (maybe others) and replaces them with block characters. The problem appears in the Ruleset scenarios and misc. text but not in the Reference Manual section of the module. It also appears throughout the aforementioned Doorways to Darkness. It doesn't appear in the 2 other modules I have purchased, The Investigator's Handbook and Alone Against the Dark. Also, the issue only appears in FGU and not FGC. Please see attached screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There is an encoding issue between FGC and FGU; such that modules exported from older versions of FGC will incorrectly encode characters incorrectly.

If you let me know exactly which modules you are running into that are affected, we'll get them fixed up. We've been fixing up as they are reported.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There is an encoding issue between FGC and FGU; such that modules exported from older versions of FGC will incorrectly encode characters incorrectly.

If you let me know exactly which modules you are running into that are affected, we'll get them fixed up. We've been fixing up as they are reported.

Regards,
    JPG
    I'm getting the same sort of thing on Pulp Cthulhu.Screenshot 2020-12-24 142310.png

Quote Originally Posted by pralix1138 View Post
    I'm getting the same sort of thing on Pulp Cthulhu.Screenshot 2020-12-24 142310.png
    Thanks, good to know. I have Pulp Cthulhu marked as my next purchase.

Of the few CoC modules I own, the formatting problem exists in the 7th Edition Ruleset and its two included adventures and Doors to Darkness with its five associated adventure modules.

Is this the proper venue to report this problem when it appears in future purchases or should we respond elsewhere? Also, is this a common issue across all FGU rulesets? I've only begun using FGU since I developed an interest in CoC, all of my other games are on FGC. Can we expect to see this issue popping up on all older modules when I begin migrating them to FGU?

It will get fixed eventually, I had a similar issue in a CoC adventure and it was fixed pretty quick.

I just did an entire sweep of all encoding issues for all Chaosium DLC that will be pushed on this coming Tuesday.

Regards,
    JPG

I just did an entire sweep of all encoding issues for all Chaosium DLC that will be pushed on this coming Tuesday.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks!!!

Regards,
    JPG
    Excellent! I just purchased a few more titles, most of which exhibit the issue in FGU. Thank you!

Regards,
    JPG
    Just wanted to say this fixed the issue on my end and thanks again!

Thread Information