5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Strange interaction between /scaleui and dice

Summary: If a player uses /scaleui to set the ui settings on their local machine, the remote players and GM see very strange physics on their machines (dice rolling super fast/rolling off the table, etc) when the user rolls (either manually or via double click). I noticed this when one user had /scaleui set at 75 and the rest of us were set to 100. I created an animated gif that hopefully will show the issue if I managed to make it correctly:

scaleui_dice.gif

Ruleset: 5E

New Campaign.

Extensions/Themes: None.

Operating System/Language Setting: Windows 10, English (US)

Since we began playing around March one of my players has consistently had dice that behaved in strange ways. Often zooming off the screen at the speed of light and landing outside of the table itself or bouncing around in strange ways. Since it's always the same user it's lead to a lot of questions from the other players about the fairness of the dice rolling which even lead me to create a python script to parse the chat log to see if I could find statistical anomalies.

We recently rotated DMs and in a brand new campaign I noticed the same player always had the same crazy dice. Last session he was talking about the fact that he played on a large monitor and a light bulb went off, so I asked him to type "/scaleui" and report the results. He's been playing with "/scaleui 75" since day one. I had him try "/scaleui 100" and the issue completely went away. I was able to recreate the issue easily and created the gif above to show some of the strange behavior we're seeing.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like this has been happening on several build of FGU. Can you verify what the latest build everyone is using is?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It has everything to do with the fact that at different resolutions, everyone's dice boxes are different sizes. The simulation runs fully on the local machine; and the data is forwarded to all the other machines. I believe that the bottom left corners are synchronized between clients; and if their dice box is larger, than dice will roll to fit their box size. We can't use the local machine die box size, because then the physics simulations would be completely different.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information