FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Certainly looks like it needs an overhaul ;>) it is coming up with a slew of error messages, even after I uploaded the new Morecore.pak.

If you are getting specific errors, then please post the logs, so we can see the errors to resolve them. (Type /console in chat entry; then press Compile Logs button.)

I just pushed one hot fix for adding characters to the CT causing a script error.

Please provide the logs for any others; though you may want to disable extensions first to make sure those are not the cause.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    it is coming up with a slew of error messages, even after I uploaded the new Morecore.pak.
    The Call of Cthulhu ruleset doesn't use MoreCore.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I also have problems with The Chase. NPCs calculate MOV correctly (although there is no way I can put an NPC in a vehicle;>()
    But when I instigate a chase with PCs they always have a MOV rating of 12 if on foot and 6 if in a vehicle. This is regardless of the MOV value displayed on the character sheet or the MOV value of any vehicle allocated to them.

Just watched Jiminimonka's video, very useful, but it has one minor error, you cannot use push rolls in a chase ;>(

Jiminimonka's video didn't seem to have this problem, could it be a recent bug, or am I missing something glaringly obvious again?

Also for vehicle chases Speed check seems to be using base 20% drive auto not the final value after skill points added.
    Hi NickT

PCs and NPCs seem to be loading correctly for me but Vehicle speed isnt loading properly.
    I will look into that ASAP.

Sorry I thought CoC used Morecore as a base.
    OK the latest update for Coc/FGU (about 19:40 UTC+0) seems to have corrected the PCs/ NPC problem I had, but I can confirm that the Vehicles are still strange in that
    1.The MOV is left blank and the actions have the same number as the foot chase supplied.
    2. The Speed check is still using base "Drive Auto " rather than the characters "Drive Auto".
    Also is there any way to put an NPC in a vehicle for a chase?
    Thanks for jumping on this so quickly it is much appreciated ;>)

Also is there any way to put an NPC in a vehicle for a chase?
    Thanks for jumping on this so quickly it is much appreciated ;>)
    Same way you put PC in a vehicle - click the running man icon on the NPC in the combat tracker, turns into a car.

Yeah but the PC character sheet has an option in the inventory page for the details of a car, and it is here that the combat tracker picks up the MOV etc, there is no equivalent I can see on an NPC sheet

Thanks for the video, that was very welcome and necessary to make sense of the UI.

Is the idea that each red foot icon on the CT means one MOV? So you'd move each toon 8 red icons if their MOV is 8?

How do I move the PC/NPC icons further to the right than what's visible on the tracker?

Is there a way to get the toons to move automatically, or do they need to be dragged manually?

It would be clearer if there were only spaces where you can move to. Now there are black and red foot icons, but apparently only the red ones denote a space.

What does "Act" in CT mean? What about "Places" in Chase menu?
    Last edited by Magnimost; July 16th, 2021 at 17:21.

Hi Magnimost,

The chase module in the Combat Tracker is just automating the Chase Rules as described in Chapter 7 of the Core Rulebook.

The red feet are the spots on the paper version and the black feet are where the obstacles go.

As per the rules, each turn, each character gets a number of actions equal to 1+(difference in mov between that character and the slowest character), so the slowest character gets 1 action and a character with a MOV 2 higher would get 3 actions.
    For each action, they can move forward 1 space, initiate an attack, cast as spell, perform some other action, such as picking a lock.

Act is the number of actions that character gets, Places is the number of spots on the page.

I found the examples in the rulebook explained the way it works quite well, so I recommend you take a look there and come back for clarification, if needed.

Ian

Thread Information