DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    OK, working on a video but I might as well make it a complete one.

Added it all to the CT - got the Chase bar appearing for all the participants. What do I do with the little running man figure? It appears when I click on it and I can move it around 3 spaces at a time, but is none of that automated?

So when a player succeeds they move along one step? If they do an extreme success they move along one but get a speed boost, and failing gives them a speed penalty.

I know the examples show everything 2 dots apart in the Chase chapter, but wouldn't tension be increased for the players if you could place a pursuers just one step behind on the CT?

Video coming along nicely. I will drop a link once it's complete.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; December 28th, 2020 at 01:13.

OK - here is a quick video on the Combat Tracker and Chase Mechanics for Call of Cthulhu 7e - hopefully it's clear enough.

https://youtu.be/lV8LQ33V_0c

Excellent video, thanks loads for this!

And also damned for all the great coding work as well!

Has anyone tried to run a car chase? A foot chase seems to work well within FGU, but I have a car chase coming up in our next session, and I'm not quite sure how to make that work. Right now, I have it on paper and will probably use it that way. I can't find out how to add vehicles to a chase. I'm not even sure if it's possible. Anybody have any tips?

Its the same - if you click on the little running men symbol under the character portrait in the combat tracker it changes into a car and the speed check will use Drive skill for the roll.

Screenshot_2021-02-05_18-07-25.png
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 5th, 2021 at 18:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Its the same - if you click on the little running men symbol under the character portrait in the combat tracker it changes into a car and the speed check will use Drive skill for the roll.

Screenshot_2021-02-05_18-07-25.png
    Well, I'll be. That was easy! Thank you!

I also have problems with The Chase. NPCs calculate MOV correctly (although there is no way I can put an NPC in a vehicle;>()
    But when I instigate a chase with PCs they always have a MOV rating of 12 if on foot and 6 if in a vehicle. This is regardless of the MOV value displayed on the character sheet or the MOV value of any vehicle allocated to them.

Just watched Jiminimonka's video, very useful, but it has one minor error, you cannot use push rolls in a chase ;>(

Jiminimonka's video didn't seem to have this problem, could it be a recent bug, or am I missing something glaringly obvious again?

Also for vehicle chases Speed check seems to be using base 20% drive auto not the final value after skill points added.
    Last edited by NickT; February 17th, 2021 at 16:13.

Big update yesterday to the way all rulesets are implemented, maybe CoC needs an update?

Thread Information