DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Issue with shared maps

Hi there. Hopefully this will just be me being an idiot :-)

I am using FGU (ultimate for me, free versions for players), latest build for 5E.

When I share a map to a couple of the players, they get the map, but it takes over their screen - they cannot see the icons (top right) for putting the map into the "background" - indeed, they lose pretty much all of their screen, including the dialogue window etc. Relogging in/out did not have any effect, moving the map (dragging) did not have any effect, etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

Assuming you're not using any extensions that override the base functionality, the players can move the map so that they see a right/bottom edge and can then resize it, or they can hold down CTRL and use left-click+drag to resize the image.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I try to make sure I don't share large images with my players without first resizing the image to something I know will fit on their screens. But the players should know how to do what Trenloe describes.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

And it's on our list to look at improving that experience for players eventually. Image window sharing shouldn't make larger than player display whenever possible.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks all - we have tried dragging the map, zooming in/out, changing the screen resolution... but we are still missing something. Oh well - I will put it down to operator error on our part some how ("error lies between Keyboard and chair" :-) )

Blog Entries
    Jump on Discord. PEBKAC can often be resolved there pretty quickly. Or with a free class on FG College

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information