DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Linking to Steam - Invalid Product Code

Hi,

I've just purchased FGU via the website. When I try to activate the game on Steam I copy and paste in the product code and it says that it is invalid. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Welcome to the FG forums!

SmiteWorks send codes to Steam every few weeks, until then you won't be able to activate on Steam. More info here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the reply.

That's very odd, the developers probably shouldn't sell Steam codes that are invalid for the first few weeks after purchase but I guess I will just hold on and see what happens.

They aren't Steam codes; but our own license key system codes. We actually have to load into Steam via a special API for third party key support. Steam has not automated this system; so we actually have to coordinate with a live person, which is why it only happens every few weeks.

Steam codes are a completely different beast.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Asokn View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

That's very odd, the developers probably shouldn't sell Steam codes that are invalid for the first few weeks after purchase but I guess I will just hold on and see what happens.
    The developers don’t sell Steam codes at all.

The keys come from Smiteworks and are immediately available to purchasers. Steam is also informed of the keys in use as Trenloe says but those are only passed to Steam every few weeks. Once Steam becomes aware that your key is valid you can activate the license on Steam.

You don’t need to activate the license at all on Steam to use it.

Also what Moon Wizard said
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Asokn View Post
    Hi,

I've just purchased FGU via the website. When I try to activate the game on Steam I copy and paste in the product code and it says that it is invalid. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    It's not a requirement to use Steam to play FGU - just download the installer from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/...oundsUnity.php and run that. Adding it to Steam is an optional feature, maybe useful for getting discounts on DLC in sale seasons.

Thread Information