DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Pathfinder 1E General Question

Hi
    I am new to FG and am making a 8th level sorcerer: Bloodline Elemental. Does it let you choose your Elemental type (fire,air etc.)?

I just don't know the level of detail it gets down to in character creation.

Thank you for any help and I did search but was probably not finding the right area.

Thanks!

-Rob

I do not believe FG automates what element of the elemental bloodline is added. You mind have to type that portion in.

Then again, some modules (like mine) might have that option in the special abilities field where you can drag and drop what you gain from the bloodline. There is still work on your end that you would have to do, but the fire specific call outs are there.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    ...some modules (like mine) might have that option..." "...work on your end that you would have to do..."
    yep, like @blahness98 said...

i find that if a module (not sure if one exists for what you want) has such info, it would be strictly information.

meaning if you wanted to have drag-drop automation to level up / character creation, chances are that's not pre-coded thing.

also if you are looking to do fg scripts for elemental effects based on conditions and such, chances are that's not a pre-coded thing either.

are you looking to achieve something specific?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

You would have to enter it in the Abilities and the Action's Tabs. I prefer to make the PC in PC Gen or Hero Lab and import them, then edit.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    I do not believe FG automates what element of the elemental bloodline is added. You mind have to type that portion in.

Then again, some modules (like mine) might have that option in the special abilities field where you can drag and drop what you gain from the bloodline. There is still work on your end that you would have to do, but the fire specific call outs are there.
    Thanks for the reply, that helps knowing there is a limit to what is automatic and what isn't.
    -Rob

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    yep, like @blahness98 said...

i find that if a module (not sure if one exists for what you want) has such info, it would be strictly information.

meaning if you wanted to have drag-drop automation to level up / character creation, chances are that's not pre-coded thing.

also if you are looking to do fg scripts for elemental effects based on conditions and such, chances are that's not a pre-coded thing either.

are you looking to achieve something specific?
    Not so much something specific as knowing where the automation begins and ends and what I have to manually do myself. Me and my fellow players are all new to this and we were just wondering where the level of automatic detail ends. The sorcerer was an example as we were wondering if we missed something in the drag and drop as it was not prompting us for what elemental type the Sorcerer was.
    Thanks for replying to my question.
    -Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    You would have to enter it in the Abilities and the Action's Tabs. I prefer to make the PC in PC Gen or Hero Lab and import them, then edit.
    I will have to look into PC Gen/hero Lab, not familiar with those. Does that give you a more dynamic character creation like I am looking for?
    Thanks
    -Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Solonthar View Post
    I will have to look into PC Gen/hero Lab, not familiar with those.

- pc gen: i used this a long long time ago. it was (prob still is) free and a great simple resource for quick character creation. last time i checked, it is somewhat up-to-date. it has a small collection of classes, is relatively only skin deep in terms of details, and other minutia as you get down into the complexity of pathfinder material.

- hero lab: i moved over from pc gen to this.

great tool with complete contents: h.l. is as robust as you can afford to purchase the many datasets. the basic version is free, and it is just that: basic. it allows you to build core classes and only at first level to get a taste. (you can view on the ipad version if you use that). i think you cannot save any creation. the application's datasets were fleshed out and fine-tuned throughout the years, and are relatively complete (90%-95% -- up until paizo declared no longer developing contents for pf1 a couple years ago).

managing stat sheets between h.l. and fg: if you plan to play pf1 a lot as well as being a gm (like me), it is an indispensable tool for a lot of automation/validation of rules. you can then output the data to specific fg format for import. however, it is strictly data and no automation, i.e. you will get all the stats detail when importing into fg, but leveling up would need to be done at every level, then import/overwrite last level in fg (if you don't want to manually update the stats in fg). the problem with this method is it can get confusing if you are not familiar with how to manage both the combat tracker/party sheet as well as character sheets in fg. each character sheet is tied to different fg mechanics to make everything linked and working properly. so importing in a new-level/same-pc set of data does not automatically relink anything nor update everything; things will not work as expected. headache ensues. there is a level of experience in managing all this as you use both regularly to make it seamless.

cost: a one-time purchase of all h.l. datasets is prob not feasible/practical/affordable for most people, i imagine. if you decide to invest in h.l, your can wait for the online version (out very soon, i think) and pay subscription-based model, as opposed to buying the stand-alone app and all the datasets. i subcribed to pf2 online before and they compartmentalized datasets and charge them separately from the main "core app" -- so you'd prob pay for tiered subscription depending on what contents subset you want to have access to. the online version is prob the way to go as long as you have internet connection. one caveat: i don't know if the online version will be able to allow export to fg format (i.e. hlfg) for import. i actually have not ever tried the demo (if one is available), or prob ever have the need to use the online version.

- tl:dr: feel free to pm me if you have more questions. i would also be willing to host an hour fg session for you to jump in and see how it all works.
    Last edited by tahl_liadon; December 28th, 2020 at 20:40.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by Solonthar View Post
    I will have to look into PC Gen/hero Lab, not familiar with those. Does that give you a more dynamic character creation like I am looking for?
    Thanks
    -Rob
    To export xml from PC Gen look at this. I believe this is still true.

For XML from Hero Lab there is a converter in FGC I think, not about FGU, but I import FGC characters in FGU.

Also I like the NPC export format for PC Gen:

ZOMBIE CR 7
    XP 3,200
    Male zombie (zombie, juju)
    CE Large undead (giant, mythic)
    Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., scent, Perception +5
    DEFENSE
    AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 19 (+4 Dex, +10 natural, -1 size)
    hp 71 (11d8-17) regeneration5 (acid or fire)
    Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2
    Defensive Abilities channel resistance+4; DR 10/magic and slashing and epic; Immune ability drain, cold, death effects, death from massive damage, disease, electricity, energy drain, exhaustion, fatigue, magic missile, mind-affecting effects, nonlethal damage, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning; Resist fire 10
    OFFENSE
    Speed 30 ft.
    Melee bite +13 (1d8+7), claw +13/+13 (1d6+7), slam +13 (1d6+13) or rand (1d6+10 plus two con damage)
    Space 10 ft. by 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
    Special Attacks rend(2 claws, 1d6+10 plus 2 Con damage)

STATISTICS
    Str 25, Dex 18, Con —, Int —, Wis 3, Cha 2
    Base Atk +7; CMB +15; CMD 29
    Feats Blind-Fight, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Toughness, Vital Strike
    Skills Climb +24 , Perception +5

Languages Giant
    SQ channel resistance, darkvision 5 (acid or fire), immunity to ability drain 10, immunity to cold
    Gear bite, claw, slam

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Channel Resistance (Ex) You are less easily affected by clerics or paladins. You add +4 to saves made to resist the effects of channel energy, including effects that rely on the use of channel energy.
    Damage Reduction ~ Epic
    Darkvision (Ex) Range 60 ft.; Darkvision is the extraordinary ability to see with no light source at all, out to a range specified for the creature. Darkvision is black and white only (colors cannot be discerned). It does not allow characters to see anything that they could not see otherwise-invisible objects are still invisible, and illusions are still visible as what they seem to be. Likewise, darkvision subjects a creature to gaze attacks normally. The presence of light does not spoil darkvision.
    Severed Limbs (Ex) Limbs attack after cut off, unless the limb is burned with fire or acid.
    Immunity to Ability Drain (Ex) You are immune to ability drain attacks.
    Immunity to Cold (Ex) You never take cold damage.
    Immunity to Death Effects (Ex) You are never subject to death effects.
    Immunity to Death from Massive Damage (Ex) You are not at risk of death from massive damage.
    Immunity to Disease (Ex) You are never subject to disease effects.
    Immunity to Electricity (Ex) You never take electricity damage.
    Immunity to Energy Drain (Ex) You are immune to energy drain attacks.
    Immunity to Exhaustion (Ex) You can never be exhausted.
    Immunity to Fatigue (Ex) You can never be fatigued.
    Immunity to Magic Missile (Ex) You are never affected by magic missiles.
    Immunity to Mind-Affecting Effects (Ex) You are never affected by mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    Immunity to Nonlethal Damage (Ex) You are never subject to nonlethal damage.
    Immunity to Paralysis (Ex) You can never be paralyzed.
    Immunity to Poison (Ex) You never take poison damage.
    Immunity to Sleep (Ex) You are never subject to sleep effects.
    Immunity to Stunning (Ex) You are never subject to stunning.
    Mythic ~ Ability Bonus
    Mythic ~ Bonus Hit Points
    Mythic ~ CR
    Mythic ~ Damage Reduction
    Mythic ~ Mythic Feats
    Mythic ~ Mythic Rank
    Mythic ~ Natural Armor Bonus
    Primal Vigor (Su) If a mythic Strahd Zombie takes damage during a round, its regeneration increases by 5 at the start of its next turn, to a maximum of 25. If the troll is at full hit points at the start of its turn, its regeneration decreases by 5, to a minimum of 5. Damaging the troll with acid or fire only partially suppresses its regeneration. On its turn following this damage, the troll regenerates only half the normal number of hit points (for example, a troll with regeneration 15 would heal 7 hit points) and can die normally on that round.
    Regeneration (Ex) You are difficult to kill. You heal damage at 5 points per round, as with fast healing, but you cannot die as long as your regeneration is still functioning (although you still fall unconscious when their hit points are below 0). Acid or fire causes your regeneration to stop functioning on the round following the attack. During this round, you cannot heal any damage and can die normally. Attack forms that don't deal hit point damage are not healed by regeneration. Regeneration also does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation. You can regrow lost portions of you body and can reattach severed limbs or body parts if they are brought together within 1 hour of severing. Severed parts that are not reattached wither and die normally.
    Rend (Ex) If you hit with two or more natural attacks in 1 round, you can cause tremendous damage (1d6+10) by latching onto the opponent's body and tearing flesh. This attack deals an additional amount of damage, but no more than once per round.
    Resistance to Fire (Ex) You may ignore 10 points of Fire damage each time you take fire damage.
    Scent (Ex) You can detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. You can identify familiar odors just as humans do familiar sights. You can detect opponents within 30 feet by sense of smell. If the opponent is upwind, the range increases to 60 feet; if downwind, it drops to 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at triple normal range. When you detect a scent, the exact location of the source is not revealed--only its presence somewhere within range. You can take a move action to note the direction of the scent. When you are within 5 feet of the source, you pinpoint the source's location. You can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom (or Survival) check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10 (no matter what kind of surface holds the scent). This DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry's odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Survival skill. When tracking by scent you ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility.

Severed Claw (Ex) Upon critical hit the Zombie detaches a Crawling Hand which attacks till destroyed. On Fire or Acid attacks this does not happen.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information