STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Player Character Changes / Cheating

Hello,

My apologies first, I am new to FGU. While learning about FGU with a friend we realized you could modify many things in the player character sheet. Is there a way to lock this as a DM
    so that players can't cheat / change values during play.

Thanks Tim

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy777 View Post
    Hello,

My apologies first, I am new to FGU. While learning about FGU with a friend we realized you could modify many things in the player character sheet. Is there a way to lock this as a DM
    so that players can't cheat / change values during play.

Thanks Tim
    No, there is not way to lock this. Its just like at a real table, the player's fill in their stats and you trust them not to cheat. The DM can always look at the sheets though and check for changes. Then you can punish the player as you see fit.

Blog Entries
    Some GMs will export all the characters after each session, that way they have a record they can look at to make sure things are on track. But, at their core, RPGs require a significant level of trust between the people playing together. Not just that someone doesn't alter their character sheet, but also that everyone at the table is there with the intention of helping everyone have a fun time.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Heh.. I suppose that's a benefit of me storing my campaign in a source control system. I get to see exactly what changed between sessions. Though I echo the above: your players could change their character sheets on paper before, so this isn't a new problem.

I sometimes (as GM) alter players character sheets without them knowing, so they don't die because of a miscalculation on the encounter on my part. Does that count as cheating?

Blog Entries
    People cheating isn't a programming problem, it's a personnel problem. Get players that don't cheat. Since I was a kid, I've NEVER understood cheaters. I just don't get the mentality. Don't cheat, get better at whatever your playing.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    People cheating isn't a programming problem, it's a personnel problem. Get players that don't cheat. Since I was a kid, I've NEVER understood cheaters. I just don't get the mentality. Don't cheat, get better at whatever your playing.
    We all know you were never a kid, guvna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    LOL

I actually imagine Rob coming into creation fully formed like he is today, with his first words being exactly what we'd expect.

For the original question, be sure to use the Party Sheet to quickly see the entire party at a glance. If they make a change during the game and you have that showing on the party sheet, you'll actually see the values changing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    LOL

I actually imagine Rob coming into creation fully formed like he is today, with his first words being exactly what we'd expect.
    Actually, my first words were:

"How's everybody doin'? Glad to see you, folks. My last gig was a tough womb. Just came out, gonna spend my whole life trying to GET BACK IN one of those! Try the pepper streak. Tip your wait staff. G'NITE!!!"
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Guvna, eh, what, lift, boot, flat, alYOOminium, what, eh, guvna, bobby, three pounds twenty, stone, cheeky, bum, mate, guvna, eh, what, init? ... BREXIT!
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Thread Information