DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Gun Combat Skill not Accounted for in Action > Weapon Attack?

I'm new to the ruleset, so I'm hoping that I might just be overlooking something that's obvious.

Anyhow...I've been experimenting with creating some PCs. For 1 of my PCs, I've assigned the Skill Gun Combat (slug) by dragging & dropping the skill from the Skills listing. I've further equipped them with a Gauss rifle by dragging the item to the PC's inventory tab and I've set its status to equipped. The weapon does auto-populate correctly on the Actions tab and I can get the linked Characteristic value to show correctly. However, the skill value doesn't update and remains at the default -3. Meanwhile the Skill entry box for the weapon-action won't let me manually input the correct value. I've checked the associated skill on the Gauss Rifle, by creating a copy and opening it up for edit and Gun Combat (slug) is indeed correctly listed as skill. I'm running FGU Ultimate (core RPG v3.3.12A and MgT 2.0 ruleset is 1.20A.)

So I'm wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions as to how to get the Skill value to list correctly on the Action > Weapon entry?
    I should probably mention that this is just a bare bones PC creation test, and I haven't yet entered personal info like career history or details like race and racial traits. So if that's an issue and possibly preventing the skill from listing correctly, please enlighten me.
    Last edited by kronovan; December 22nd, 2020 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    I'm new to the ruleset, so I'm hoping that I might just be overlooking something that's obvious.

Anyhow...I've been experimenting with creating some PCs. For 1 of my PCs, I've assigned the Skill Gun Combat (slug) by dragging & dropping the skill from the Skills listing. I've further equipped them with a Gauss rifle by dragging the item to the PC's inventory tab and I've set its status to equipped. The weapon does auto-populate correctly on the Actions tab and I can get the linked Characteristic value to show correctly. However, the skill value doesn't update and remains at the default -3. Meanwhile the Skill entry box for the weapon-action won't let me manually input the correct value. I've checked the associated skill on the Gauss Rifle, by creating a copy and opening it up for edit and Gun Combat (slug) is indeed correctly listed as skill. I'm running FGU Ultimate (core RPG v3.3.12A and MgT 2.0 ruleset is 1.20A.)

So I'm wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions as to how to get the Skill value to list correctly on the Action > Weapon entry?
    I should probably mention that this is just a bare bones PC creation test, and I haven't yet entered personal info like career history or details like race and racial traits. So if that's an issue and possibly preventing the skill from listing correctly, please enlighten me.
    Hi Kronovan,

Sounds like you're doing everything correctly, if the player has the correct skill then that's all that's needed, it should link it and it doesn't need (at the moment) to be equipped. As this is FGU, I'll test it myself tomorrow and feed back. In general any fields auto-linked are not player/GM editable.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I'm not seeing this. New campaign with Core and Player's Reference loaded. Create new character. Drag and drop Gun Combat(slug) to sheet. Drag and drop gauss rifle. Equip gauss rifle. Action tab show correct and rolls with the skill level I set (1).

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Kronovan,

Sounds like you're doing everything correctly, if the player has the correct skill then that's all that's needed, it should link it and it doesn't need (at the moment) to be equipped. As this is FGU, I'll test it myself tomorrow and feed back. In general any fields auto-linked are not player/GM editable.

Cheers,MBM
    Yes, I repeated the same steps to skill up and equip a PC in FGC and it works correctly. The Gun combat (slug) skill successfully linked to the Actions > Weapons > Gauss Rifle skill box and the correct Attack value was calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    I'm not seeing this. New campaign with Core and Player's Reference loaded. Create new character. Drag and drop Gun Combat(slug) to sheet. Drag and drop gauss rifle. Equip gauss rifle. Action tab show correct and rolls with the skill level I set (1).
    Interesting. Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity?

[Edit] Nevermind, no need to answer. It's now working correctly for me in Unity too after today's update.
    Last edited by kronovan; December 23rd, 2020 at 06:06.

I am using FGU. It is up to date.

The issue occurs if you add the skill after adding the item to inventory.

Closing and reopening the character sheet does not link them.
    Removing then re-adding the item links them.
    Shutting down and re-launching FGU links it.

It is just the initial adding of the skill that does not check for actions to link up. It looks like there is code in place to link them, just the adding of skills does not fire it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg Smith View Post
    I am using FGU. It is up to date.

The issue occurs if you add the skill after adding the item to inventory.

Closing and reopening the character sheet does not link them.
    Removing then re-adding the item links them.
    Shutting down and re-launching FGU links it.

It is just the initial adding of the skill that does not check for actions to link up. It looks like there is code in place to link them, just the adding of skills does not fire it off.
    Hi,

The issue here is that the skill is only linked if you have the skill before you add the items, now it's possible to link them post like you originally did, that's just more work, I'll add that to my list for the updated Character Sheet.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information