5E Character Create Playlist
    Blog Entries

How to Place a Link in a Story Table Field?

Is there a way to put a link into a table on a story page?
    (I've tried dropping the link into the field in Fantasy Grounds as well as copying the link in and xml editor, such as Notepad++)
    A mocked up picture might help (see attached thumbnail).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; December 22nd, 2020 at 18:14.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    I don't think so. You can do it in a rollable table, but not in a story table.

Effectively a story and a link are paragraph formats, and a paragraph can only be formatted as one type.

Hope I'm wrong, but...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No, as LE says a table is a paragraph format and a link is another type of paragraph format; so you can't have two such things in the same place.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I literally was just trying to do the same thing. I guess great minds do think alike, don't they.

Blog Entries
    Okay then, thanks guys.
    I've had to resort to using "non breakable" spaces (ASCII 160) inside the links to get a pseudo table.
    (Though the columns look like I used pinking shears to line up the columns.)
    I couldn't find a "non breakable" tab and the regular tab (ASCII 9) appears to be ignored by the Fantasy Grounds desktop.

Yet another reason this software has proven to be a huge ripoff...

Just curious why you're just now posting in a three year old thread about something has only been brought up a handful of times over the last 12 years....

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information