DICE PACKS BUNDLE

adding extra damage dice that don't multiply on a crit

I have recently run across a few class abilities and monster abilities that add extra dice on a crit, without them doubling on the crit. For example the champion ability Instrument of Zeal. It only adds the extra damage die on a crit while using Blade of Justice or Retributive Strike. So I can't just add deadly to the weapon, but I don't know of a way to add "deadly" to the effect. I can't just roll a second die after the fact, because it would apply any physical resistance a second time. I guess I could make it typeless damage and assume that the physical damage overcame the resistance, but I would prefer to add it at the time of the toll, if possible. Is there a way to do this?

Use a DMG effect with the "critical" damage type added - this will then only occur on a critical roll.

So, if the attack did 1d6 extra slashing damage on a critical, add the following effect in the CT when appropriate: DMG: 1d6 slashing, critical
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for. I just didn't make the connection in the damage types on the wiki.

Hi Trenloe,

Is there a way to add this DMG: 1d6, critical for all critical rolls in my extension (5E)?

I guess this is in manager_action_damage.lua, right after -- Add critical dice by clause (line 341).

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Maspalio View Post
    Hi Trenloe,

Is there a way to add this DMG: 1d6, critical for all critical rolls in my extension (5E)?

I guess this is in manager_action_damage.lua, right after -- Add critical dice by clause (line 341).

Thanks for your help
    DMG: 1d6 critical also works as mentioned in post #2 in the 5E ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Use a DMG effect with the "critical" damage type added - this will then only occur on a critical roll.

So, if the attack did 1d6 extra slashing damage on a critical, add the following effect in the CT when appropriate: DMG: 1d6 slashing, critical
    Is there any way to create something like 1d4 persistent bleed, critical? If I create a new damage input or a new Weapon Effect like "Effect: 1 persistent bleed, critical", the "persistent bleed" works, but the "critical" not. If I create a Weapon Effect like "DMG: 1 persistent bleed, critical", the "critical" works, but "persistent bleed" don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Dargos View Post
    Is there any way to create something like 1d4 persistent bleed, critical?
    Not at present. You need to apply the effect manually or add a spell class section to the PC's action tab where you can add spell entries that contain effect actions that you can apply to targets as needed. Some info on using a spell class for effects/actions not related to spells is available in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post461029

so like PERS: 1d4 bleed, critical doesnt work? Just was reading and asking.....or critical isnt a dmg type linked to PERS: yet?

Persistent damage is something that happens every round once it is applied - so it is divorced from any normal damage. If you want to apply persistent damage only when there has been a critical you'll need, as Trenloe points out above, to create an effect in the action tab and apply it after a crit has been scored.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information