STAR TREK 2d20
Page 29 of 37 First ... 192728293031 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I have been semi away so hopefully these haven't been bought up.

On the stat overrides, is it possible to add optional companion stats in the event they are turned on?

Adding PSI to the NPC sheet could be helpful. It seems like NPCs are more likely to have PSI than PCs given the proximity to Zhodani space many games take place (plus Fifth Frontier War is somewhere on the distant horizon).

Seems the way NPCs are setup it might be hard to add the optional companions to NPCs but figured I'd throw it in.

We already talked about broad groups, but figured I'd just put that here for completeness.

Plus a player module for the player part of the companion might be useful so we.don't have to share all the NPCs and such with the players.

Those are the things that I thought could be useful related to the companion book while setting up and running a game this week.

As always no stress, will be happy with whatever, just wanted to put my wishlist to electronic paper.
    Hi Emsdev,

Nice to hear from you, glad you're on the road to recovery.

Stat Overrides - on the plan already, I'll push that up the list to the next update. I've done some work to tidy up the desktop with the buttons already, so this can be looked at. Oddly it's a bit of juicy coding to get these working.
    NPC's need an overhaul, this is going to be doon, at which point they'll be more like a PC than a 5E NPC, as I'll be splitting equipment and weapon actions out into tabs etc.
    A Player Module - good idea, can do that. I saw the Companion as player acceptable, as it's very minimal what's Referee only. Once the companion is 'stable' I'll do this (otherwise I have to edit two projects for one change).

First update for Traveller Companion in the ruleset is to add in some of the automation. That'll be available in Feb.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Emsdev,

NPC's need an overhaul, this is going to be doon, at which point they'll be more like a PC than a 5E NPC, as I'll be splitting equipment and weapon actions out into tabs etc.
    One thing that is really cool about the D&D 2E ruleset is that you can make a PC and click a button and save it as an NPC because the records are similar. You can also go the other way too from NPC -> PC. Not sure how hard that would be, but that would be a spectacular feature to have in Traveller.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    One thing that is really cool about the D&D 2E ruleset is that you can make a PC and click a button and save it as an NPC because the records are similar. You can also go the other way too from NPC -> PC. Not sure how hard that would be, but that would be a spectacular feature to have in Traveller.
    Those fine sir, are already on the list.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Those fine sir, are already on the list.
    So much awesomesauce!

Hi Deej,

Oddly I was thinking the same earlier in the week as one of my players is like Jayne from Firefly, has many weapons.

So this is what I'll do, remove any when a weapon is not carried or not equipped.

If carried, the attack/damage rolls will not function, same with the + for extra ammo loaded, as you can't change a clip on a weapon you're not holding....

As an aside, could also force only 1 weapon to be equpped?

Thoughts on that?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Dual wielding is possible. One weapon per appendage??

Not a feature, more like a request.

Systems - For my players to see the system cards, I have to share the open up all of the sourcebook. I like to drag and drop the shared pin of the systems on the sector map and put in a "Ships Log" in the Notes Tab so the players have access to what is on what the ship's computer has about that system.

Currently, I am having to make a duplicate copy of each system and put those on the map. Things get very confusing having duplicates of each system. I can work around it, but it would be nice if I did not have to.

You shouldn't have to duplicate the System. My players have access to a huge sector map and I drag/drop all the system on there and share those as they get to that system. So whenever they wanna go back and check up on the system they can easily do that through the systems map.
    SectorMap.jpg
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Quote Originally Posted by TrentLane View Post
    You shouldn't have to duplicate the System. My players have access to a huge sector map and I drag/drop all the system on there and share those as they get to that system. So whenever they wanna go back and check up on the system they can easily do that through the systems map.
    SectorMap.jpg
    Thank you for responding Trent. However, In order for the players to see the systems, I have to fully share the POD Book 2 with my players (which I do not want to do) otherwise the players get a module uploaded error with that book.

Hence, unless there is another work around, I still have to make duplicates of each system so that they can be shared without giving the players the full on POD 2 book.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousil View Post
    Thank you for responding Trent. However, In order for the players to see the systems, I have to fully share the POD Book 2 with my players (which I do not want to do) otherwise the players get a module uploaded error with that book.

Hence, unless there is another work around, I still have to make duplicates of each system so that they can be shared without giving the players the full on POD 2 book.
    In that case, your way is the only one afaik. But why not share Book 2 if I might ask? It's the book that is meant to be for the players as far as I understand it. Especially since there are some important rules and background info in there the players might need.
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Hi MBM,

I have been away for a bit using Foundry, but I have found a useful thing there, that you may want to add here.
    An equipment BOM
    ie You have a item (weapon, equipment, armour, cyber implant)
    Each of these items has a base statline as shown in the basic equipment.
    BUT they point to a BOM (Bill of Material for those who are not experienced in accounting or shipping)
    A BOM is the base item with a list of modifiers. Some can be standard, others can be player designed.
    On the character sheet, only the final stats are listed but has a link to a form that lists all the mods

Example BOM would be things like
    Combat Arm TL 11
    Invistech TL 12
    Natural Looking TL 14
    Stunner TL 12
    So all of this would show up as a single item in the inventory on the character sheet with a link back to the BOM with all the stat changes/weapon/action changes in place.
    The rules support this, but I have yet to find a simple way of doing this in Fantasy Grounds

Thread Information