FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 37 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by zelannii View Post
    Please extend the text parser to look at item text. allow effect syntax, to hit, saves, application of damage/healing, etc by highlighting and dragging text from within item description field to a target. SO MANY manually entered player "powers" would be eliminated from need by doing this. Many items work as and are worked exactly the same as spells, so hopefully it's just a matter of having the parser actually parse these fields with the existing logic and add the drag/selection layer.

Consumable items: if equipped or carried in inventory they should show up on the actions tab under an "items" heading. under the preparation view let players check or uncheck ones they don't care to have cluttering their view. Honestly any item that isn't already an equipped weapon that has actionable text should show up in such a view, with parsed text showing up as action buttons.

Track time. I like the idea of players seeing a visual indicator of a sun/moon for a "vague" time reference and optionally being able to hide it in situations where the DM determines the players have no way of keeping time directly. From the DM view, allow them to change the time directly as non-combat events occur, (auto add 6 seconds per round in combat) allowing the DM to see exact time, with "easy" buttons to add 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, and 60 minutes as well as more manual click and type to specify time controlls. Then let effects track that when in use to handle expiring properly as time elapses. If a map uses time-keyed environment lighting allow the current "time" to impact the lighting, and let the GM decide at what times lighting does change and how.
    Hi,

I'm a bit confused, so bear with me please.

Text Parser - what text parser? Traveller doesn't have such a thing.
    Consumable Items - Interesting idea, though consumables have many uses and so actions would need to be agreed and defined ahead of this work.
    Track Time - I myself don't see the use of this, most adventures aren't on a planet with a time that works in the same way the space station/port does.

Thinking about these, these feel better for another system, not Traveller?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi,

I'm a bit confused, so bear with me please.

Text Parser - what text parser? Traveller doesn't have such a thing.
    Consumable Items - Interesting idea, though consumables have many uses and so actions would need to be agreed and defined ahead of this work.
    Track Time - I myself don't see the use of this, most adventures aren't on a planet with a time that works in the same way the space station/port does.

Thinking about these, these feel better for another system, not Traveller?

Cheers,
    MBM
    hmm, title of post did not restrict this to traveler. I suspected it was general FGU. Is there a post this should be under for general FGU or 5E ruleset? I wasn;t finding one.

Quote Originally Posted by zelannii View Post
    hmm, title of post did not restrict this to traveler. I suspected it was general FGU. Is there a post this should be under for general FGU or 5E ruleset? I wasn;t finding one.
    Hi.

For FGU in general there is a feature request wishlist that allows users to up vote ideas. It is located at https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

For 5E people just seem to start threads in the 5E forums.

MBM, maybe rename the thread to Traveller Features Wanted?

MOD: Changed title to help sort any confusion
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

My players were attempting to climb a mountain on a lower gravity world, but they had some issues where they were getting minuses from being encumbered.
    Is there a quick way to apply a multiplier to the weight of their gear to apply the effects of the lower gravity to negate the encumbrance modifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by sturmbock View Post
    My players were attempting to climb a mountain on a lower gravity world, but they had some issues where they were getting minuses from being encumbered.
    Is there a quick way to apply a multiplier to the weight of their gear to apply the effects of the lower gravity to negate the encumbrance modifiers?
    I don't think there is a mechanical feature to handle high/low gravity in the ruleset. However, if you decide that the weight of an object should be negated the player can enter an opposite modifier in the circle on the bottom left corner of the UI. If they have a -1 they can just enter a +1 to negate the modifier. They have to do it with each roll but it will get the job done.

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/u...scruisers.html

I bought the elemental class cruisers campaign guide. Can you upgrade the ship stats to include ships morale and efficiency rating as well as the spots for different crew members so that I can play ship based Naval campaigns?

Russ

Could light effects be added to the FX form?
    I've gotten accustomed to setting the new lights as effects for PCs in the D&D 5e ruleset's Combat Tracker. I like that the light effect remains on the PC's token as long as the PC remains on the CT and I'd like to do the same for Travellers. I know it can be done by manually entering the correct text syntax in a PC effect and have already been experimenting with it in MGT2e - works just fine. The problem though, is that my memory isn't what it used to be and I know I'm eventually going to forget the correct syntax.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Could light effects be added to the FX form?
    I've gotten accustomed to setting the new lights as effects for PCs in the D&D 5e ruleset's Combat Tracker. I like that the light effect remains on the PC's token as long as the PC remains on the CT and I'd like to do the same for Travellers. I know it can be done by manually entering the correct text syntax in a PC effect and have already been experimenting with it in MGT2e - works just fine. The problem though, is that my memory isn't what it used to be and I know I'm eventually going to forget the correct syntax.
    Hi kronovan,

I don't play DnD that much (though I do run CoS) and no idea about the light effects at the moment, let me know the syntax and I'll see where it is in DnD ruleset and look at that.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by russ143 View Post
    https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/u...scruisers.html

I bought the elemental class cruisers campaign guide. Can you upgrade the ship stats to include ships morale and efficiency rating as well as the spots for different crew members so that I can play ship based Naval campaigns?

Russ
    Hi Russ,

Technically I can't support anything from upcoming products, but Crew are coming in the next update, as you need these for all spacecraft.

The others I'll look at adding for you though when I complete the more important stuff around ships, however save me a bit of time, what pages in the books are these stats?

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information