DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 37 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last

Trade Classification Codes

Hello,

I have been editing systems information over the past few days, filling in areas that were missing from various purchased Fantasy Grounds Traveller products using information gleaned from the Traveller Wiki and similar sources.

In this process, I have noticed that there are many Trade Classification Codes that are missing from the available codes recognized by the interface to choose from when editing worlds.

For instance, I can add Ni (Non-Industrial) and the Traveller interface handles that without issue, including a useful reminder pop-up when you roll over the codes. However, there are many secondary and special codes that the interface does not recognize - too many to mention here.

I have compiled a list of all the 'official' Traveller Trade Classification Codes in a PDF. I wonder if these can be added to the Traveller interface to allow myself and others access to the very helpful reminder pop-up reference code feature?

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ThatsSoNoc; July 26th, 2021 at 11:07. Reason: Spelling

I would love a language box on the character sheets so you can use the language feature ingame.

I dont think you need all the spell effects and hopefully its in 3m intervals. maybe have IR, NV, Thermal and xray as well as standard light distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayne187 View Post
    I would love a language box on the character sheets so you can use the language feature ingame.
    I dont know how much this has in common with the dnd 5e, but that can do the different langs.
    Though I have to say, it is a very underwhelming and difficult thing to use.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsSoNoc View Post
    Hello,

I have been editing systems information over the past few days, filling in areas that were missing from various purchased Fantasy Grounds Traveller products using information gleaned from the Traveller Wiki and similar sources.

In this process, I have noticed that there are many Trade Classification Codes that are missing from the available codes recognized by the interface to choose from when editing worlds.

For instance, I can add Ni (Non-Industrial) and the Traveller interface handles that without issue, including a useful reminder pop-up when you roll over the codes. However, there are many secondary and special codes that the interface does not recognize - too many to mention here.

I have compiled a list of all the 'official' Traveller Trade Classification Codes in a PDF. I wonder if these can be added to the Traveller interface to allow myself and others access to the very helpful reminder pop-up reference code feature?

Thank you.
    This has come up before, and most of the trade codes you list are from T5 and not MGT2. Since the MGT2 ruleset is licensed by Mongoose and not Far Future Enterprises the ruleset needs to follow what is in the Mongoose rules. It would be nice to have all of the extended trade codes, but those trade codes aren't used by any of the trade or world systems in MGT2 so they aren't needed for a strictly MGT2 ruleset.

That said, I have seen a screenshot in MadBeardMan's twitter that he was playing with T5 and Fantasy Grounds, so who knows what the future holds for that but it won't get incorporated into the MGT2 ruleset, and that is a Mongoose issue not FG or MBM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWigggles View Post
    I dont know how much this has in common with the dnd 5e, but that can do the different langs.
    Though I have to say, it is a very underwhelming and difficult thing to use.
    Yes. I would like to have it work the same. The issue is there is no language box on the character sheet so there is no way to assign languages to a character as the character sheet is currently constructed for Traveller.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    This has come up before, and most of the trade codes you list are from T5 and not MGT2. Since the MGT2 ruleset is licensed by Mongoose and not Far Future Enterprises the ruleset needs to follow what is in the Mongoose rules. It would be nice to have all of the extended trade codes, but those trade codes aren't used by any of the trade or world systems in MGT2 so they aren't needed for a strictly MGT2 ruleset.

That said, I have seen a screenshot in MadBeardMan's twitter that he was playing with T5 and Fantasy Grounds, so who knows what the future holds for that but it won't get incorporated into the MGT2 ruleset, and that is a Mongoose issue not FG or MBM.
    Nevertheless, the Base codes are used from T5 and they do not have TAS and Research, which are in Corebook MGT2

Apologizes if this has already been asked/requested, I searched this thread and didn't see it.

Currently there's support to enable various optional characteristics in the Options menu (Charm, Luck, Morale, Sanity, etc.), but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to allow the adding of custom characteristics instead of restricting it to Options? In a manner similar to how you can add blank skills to the skills tab and name them, would it be possible to add blank characteristics to the character sheet so they can be named? That way people can introduce their own homebrew characteristics and also any 1st or 3rd party resources than introduce a new characteristic would be easy to implement by the user and not require a ruleset update.

Also I noticed that none of the optional characteristics show up under Characteristic Status on the Actions tab? I saw, earlier in this thread, the reason that additional characteristics don't show up on the desktop overrides and that's fine (you can just click through all the characteristics in the skills page anyway so you don't strictly need the overrides, I wouldn't mind being able to hide them all) but is there a technical limitation as to why optional characteristics don't show on the Actions tab? Or are they supposed to and I'm just missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbadger View Post
    Apologizes if this has already been asked/requested, I searched this thread and didn't see it.

Currently there's support to enable various optional characteristics in the Options menu (Charm, Luck, Morale, Sanity, etc.), but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to allow the adding of custom characteristics instead of restricting it to Options? In a manner similar to how you can add blank skills to the skills tab and name them, would it be possible to add blank characteristics to the character sheet so they can be named? That way people can introduce their own homebrew characteristics and also any 1st or 3rd party resources than introduce a new characteristic would be easy to implement by the user and not require a ruleset update.

Also I noticed that none of the optional characteristics show up under Characteristic Status on the Actions tab? I saw, earlier in this thread, the reason that additional characteristics don't show up on the desktop overrides and that's fine (you can just click through all the characteristics in the skills page anyway so you don't strictly need the overrides, I wouldn't mind being able to hide them all) but is there a technical limitation as to why optional characteristics don't show on the Actions tab? Or are they supposed to and I'm just missing something?
    Hi,

To quickly answer (as I'm busy making dinner), when the Companion book arrives, the 'characteristics' will be fully finished. I released the main stats early as I knew Companion was an age away and people could start to use them.

I would also say, they're all optional, and most of them aren't modified by combat so don't actually need to be in the Actions Tab, but once Companion drops you'll be able to configure them a lot better.

Now you mention home-brew, that's a lot of work to allow them due to how the ruleset works, so that's not going to be possible at the moment, sorry about that.

Cheers
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks for the quick reply and taking time at all to answer, and just thank you in general for your excellent work on the ruleset.

No need to answer this quickly (or at all) since it's not at all urgent, and this technically isn't a request, but would it be at all possible for one to create an extension that simply changes the name of a given characteristic? (I know almost nothing about the interworkings of rulesets or extensions).

Thanks again!

Thread Information