FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 37 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    But Traveller doesn't have any effects/conditions like DnD does, there's no prone, no poisoned, no sleep etc as such, just unconscious, that can be made an effect as with Traveller Companion there are a number of ways to be knocked out, I'll get that done in this update.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Еach effect is superimposed on a separate line, right?
    It would be good to track these effects on the token, for informativeness.
    In DnD rulesets this is done
    For example, I had a mass fight. There were more than 20 participants. Someone was prone, someone was unconscious. It was very difficult and long to compare the map and the combat tracker.

It does have prone. Its listed as a Dice DM in the combat section of the CRB.
    ----------------
    The ability for the GM to secret roll all the players Recon

Yea, group ability/skill check in party sheet

I have a couple of feature suggestions from a session last night:

a. The ability to build an encounter "Battles" with NPC Ships that will add/link to the Spaceship Combat Tracker just as like a normal NPC encounter.

b. Update the PC sheet so the Cash on Hand section recognizes Parcel cr. drag and drops. We tried making a "Storefront" by nesting Parcels to a shareable Story. Using the Parcel system and assigning the parcel a negative value (ie -200 cr for a pistol) and adding the Item, then dragging and dropping the Parcel out of the Sorefront's Story entry to the PC sheet's Inventory tab we expected to see the Cash on Hand get updated.
    Last edited by GregRex; January 19th, 2021 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    I have a couple of feature suggestions from a session last night:

a. The ability to build an encounter "Battles" with NPC Ships that will add/link to the Spaceship Combat Tracker just as like a normal NPC encounter.

b. Update the PC sheet so the Cash on Hand section recognizes Parcel cr. drag and drops. We tried making a "Storefront" by nesting Parcels to a shareable Story. Using the Parcel system and assigning the parcel a negative value (ie -200 cr for a pistol) and adding the Item, then dragging and dropping the Parcel out of the Sorefront's Story entry to the PC sheet's Inventory tab we expected to see the Cash on Hand get updated.
    Hi Chap,
    a. Already with you on that, as oddly Pirates of Drinax needs that feature, so looking into it once PoD is over for testing.
    b. The whole 'money' section needs thinking about to be used better, so I'll take this into account.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I have some suggested effects to throw into the discussion.

Zero-G - applies the effects to low-gravity but also can auto-roll an athletics check when firing a weapon w/o the zero-G trait.
    Vacuum - either w/o sealed armor or lets say you got hit and your armor doesn't have auto-seal trait. auto rolls damage each round per rulebook. possibly auto apply rads.
    Leadership - allows player to apply leadership banes or boons to whomever he's targeted. maybe just a flag to show who has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoid View Post

Zero-G - applies the effects to low-gravity but also can auto-roll an athletics check when firing a weapon w/o the zero-G trait.
    Vacuum - either w/o sealed armor or lets say you got hit and your armor doesn't have auto-seal trait. auto rolls damage each round per rulebook. possibly auto apply rads.
    Leadership - allows player to apply leadership banes or boons to whomever he's targeted. maybe just a flag to show who has it.
    Leadership is being worked on along with Tactics.

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoid View Post

I'll add this on here. The Leadership Boons/Banes is a group pool. They arent targetted and given to only one person.

Yeah. A pool of boon or bane available to use each round would be nice to be able to keep track since I assume a leadership check can be made each round which would add more to it?

Another thing to think about is that since MBM is working on task chains... Maybe have common tasks associated with each skill and the data associated with those tasks such as how long it'll take (typically 1d sec,mins, hours or days X possible modifier) and associated attribute mod. also noting if your taking your time or hurrying etc... then it could just add those times together as you chain them. of course there would be times when only the Ref could properly define the task and associated data but then if its something that gets used alot, the ref could define the task manually for re-use or chaining later. MBM could even leave it up to us to define all the tasks to save him some data entry. So basically have tasks as sub-catagory to skills somehow.

I think it'd be a lot easier to have a Task Chain Button. Probably along the buttom with the other Dice Modifer button. Clicking the Task Chain button, puts your Dice Roll into the Task Chain Buffer/Memory/whatis. Push the button roll your skill. If there was a Task Chain Affect stored, adds that as well. Displays your Result. And stores the Task Chain Affect. Someone else clicks the buttons. So on and so force.
    This would need a Clear or Reset button, as there is no limit to how many rolls a task chain can have. I dont know if that should be player facing or GM facing.

Thread Information