FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 37 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Dalton,

As always a great detailed answer. One thing a lot of you need to understand is that a good number of players don't have huge screens, and already the buttons (in their current state) take up over 50% of the bottom half of the screen, also desktop buttons don't behave in the same way as those on character sheets, they're not dynamic either, so they're on or off - at the moment they're off (on the desktop) as with everything here, there's only so much that can be done, and I'm busy on the PC Spacecraft at the moment.

Cheers,
    MBM
    I understand about the realestate need and the effort/limited time on your part. Adding the new attributes to the attribute cycler on the existing skill list would not consume more screen real estate.
    As for time, I understand how busy you are. I just wanted you to know how the alteration of the existing character sheet skill/action tabs would have a huge effect upon game play for the next time you happen to be in that part of the code.

best regards
    Dalton

The Target, I'm good with adding that, Armour - it's listed on the PC sheet so no need on the CT.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Yea, I just pointing out what the buttons here. I think the Players could really use the Target Button.
    Also what does the flag button do?

The flag button opens the Effect drop down for stuff like unconscious, paralyzed, etc. In PF2e and D&D5e and some other FGU systems the effects can be setup to modify the character but I don't think that functionality is included yet for MGT2.

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    The flag button opens the Effect drop down for stuff like unconscious, paralyzed, etc. In PF2e and D&D5e and some other FGU systems the effects can be setup to modify the character but I don't think that functionality is included yet for MGT2.
    Yea, I've poked around them I havent figure out to use them.

I would really like the option to have the full range of dice available to me. Meaning, I don't want to invent new ones, I just want the standard RPG set (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20 and percentile) that I have access to in Pathfinder/D&D. Is there an easy way to do this without me creating a bunch of tables?

Quote Originally Posted by dQnielk View Post
    I would really like the option to have the full range of dice available to me. Meaning, I don't want to invent new ones, I just want the standard RPG set (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20 and percentile) that I have access to in Pathfinder/D&D. Is there an easy way to do this without me creating a bunch of tables?
    Hi,

Question for you, why do you need all those dice in a system that uses just a d6?

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi,

Question for you, why do you need all those dice in a system that uses just a d6?

Thanks,
    MBM
    I just want to be able to generate things on the fly that aren't limited to a multiple of 6 or a bell curve of some kind. A random number of enemies, which random thing is targeted, a percentage chance of a thing happening, random encounter tables, etc. If I need to decide between four of something, or eight of something, etc.

I know you have a ton of stuff on your plate, so if I need to make a bunch of tables, that's fine, just thought I'd ask.

Quote Originally Posted by dQnielk View Post
    I just want to be able to generate things on the fly that aren't limited to a multiple of 6 or a bell curve of some kind. A random number of enemies, which random thing is targeted, a percentage chance of a thing happening, random encounter tables, etc. If I need to decide between four of something, or eight of something, etc.

I know you have a ton of stuff on your plate, so if I need to make a bunch of tables, that's fine, just thought I'd ask.
    Hi dQnielk,

Valid point. though I'm not sure the average Traveller play would want the dice on the desktop (as that space is a premium) - but let me have a think about how best, I don't like to say no to anything, so could be a small extension might do the trick.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

dQnielk, if you type '/roll d100' in chat you will get a random d100 output. Same for any other string. It can be a d4, d8, or d71. It is a built-in random number generator that exists within the Core framework of Fantasy Grounds.

Hopefully, that can serve as a functional workaround for you.

-Greg

Hi dQnielk,

Valid point. though I'm not sure the average Traveller play would want the dice on the desktop (as that space is a premium) - but let me have a think about how best, I don't like to say no to anything, so could be a small extension might do the trick.

Cheers,
    MBM
    You could put it in the die sub menu, where the d3 and the d60. Though the downside to that, is that they'll only be able to roll arbitary number of one other polyhedral

Thread Information