DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

PC Ships - Cargo Tab

Hi Folks,

I'm just pushing v1.2.0b so that it's due for release on Tuesday.

One thing I'm keen to get working is the PC Ship and in particular the Cargo Inventory.

I've added a very simple system at the moment but I'm open to ideas how to expand upon it.

For example. As in the ships details we have the 'Cargo Space', we could add a similar system to PC's encumbrance, ie Sum the total Tonnage of goods being carried and show a 'Used Tonnage and Free Tonnage' on that tab.

But I think we should talk about Cargo itself, should I add a database for Cargo Items based on the Trade Goods? Wouldn't take too long to add it from the Core Rulebook and then allow that to be dragged onto the Ship Cargo. Maybe this time would also be a good time to re-look at Trade Goods and start slowly working on that again.

Off to bed now though, so good night all, and my last working day is next Tuesday so I'll have plenty of time to carry on because we're still in Lockdown here in the UK.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I thought someone already did a cargo extension ? Maybe get permission and just add that in as base core ?

Xargun

For example. As in the ships details we have the 'Cargo Space', we could add a similar system to PC's encumbrance, ie Sum the total Tonnage of goods being carried and show a 'Used Tonnage and Free Tonnage' on that tab.
    I like this very much, I think that it will help players with their strategic planning.

But I think we should talk about Cargo itself, should I add a database for Cargo Items based on the Trade Goods? Wouldn't take too long to add it from the Core Rulebook and then allow that to be dragged onto the Ship Cargo. Maybe this time would also be a good time to re-look at Trade Goods and start slowly working on that again.
    Yes, please. Drag and Drop system is very helpful. I assume in yr 1105 Imperial that cargo containers (standard sizes - mass & volume) would be "a thing".

I like the idea of drag and drop cargo space. Incidentally, on the systems tab there is tab for Trade goods available, how about an option for trade goods wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I thought someone already did a cargo extension ? Maybe get permission and just add that in as base core ?

Xargun
    This gets more complicated when its a commericial product. You have to place a lot of trust into the community member used wholey their own code and all the text theirin is their own or they have permission to sell it. If they didnt, that can lead to a lot of complication and drama.

Uh. If we're looking at Trade thing.
    I think it would be great if it Drag and Dropable.
    Though if its possible, it would be great if it could have editable sections to each entry. To record its base price, the price that the PC bought it for and if its illegal.
    And I think its great to tabulate the tonnage but it shouldlt prevent the player from adding more stuff to the hold.

I would suggest a flag as to which cargo hold. Players tend to have multiple cargo holds or you can have cargo holds with special abilities (ie mail tonnage, smugglers hidden cargo, special treatment ie no grav) etc.
    In many ways you can also treat passengers as cargo ie stowage, low, medium and high passengers with different needs ie a high passenger can't be shipped in stowage but you can pack stowage passengers into a high passage stateroom with enough axil greese and possibly a shoehorn.
    If the Cargo was more than a cargo sheet and more of another variation of the Space Accountant sheet.
    That way you can drag/drop in your passengers for this trip, your crew can also be drag/dropped in with negative value (salary) as well as different cargo types.
    The Individual Players "Space Accountants" form mechanics and the "Ships Manifest" mechanics could be almost identical code/look/feel

Oh, very good point. Totally blanked on hidden compartments.
    And yea, cargo hold and space accounting for this game are pretty tied together.

Folks,

I've added the 'Trade Goods' data to the ruleset. That's a basic start and I'll make that work with both 'Systems/Worlds' and Spacecraft ( and vehicles in the future). The issue is how to allow players to modify the Cargo holds, I need to investigate with Starfinder I think.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Well something as simple as a button that declares that cargo as Hidden or not would work for Smuggle Compartments and the like. Like if its possilbe to repurpose the Carried and Equipment Button.

Thread Information