5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 9 of 44 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post
    Sorry I explained wrongly. I am waiting for these features to get to FGU to upgrade from FGC Ultimate to FGU Ultimate.

As my experience with FG Classic is very good, till now I don't see the reason to update. One of the reason would be the dynamic LOS, occluders + dynamic lighting.

FG Classic is a real beast it never failed me/us in over 5 years.
    I could understand even in your first post what you meant.

Guys: Neuro means that they are waiting to upgrade from FGC to FGU until LOS is ready.

However, Neuro, for me, FGU operates the same as FGC, only better. I think you wouldn't lose anything by jumping over now. LOS and dynamic lighting will come very soon.

This looks awesome! Excited to put my players in dark caverns lit with torches!

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    I could understand even in your first post what you meant.

Guys: Neuro means that they are waiting to upgrade from FGC to FGU until LOS is ready.

However, Neuro, for me, FGU operates the same as FGC, only better. I think you wouldn't lose anything by jumping over now. LOS and dynamic lighting will come very soon.
    I heard that FGU has stability issues, normal in such a new software. FG classic never crashed in 5 years of continuous use. So I am afraid to change something very good with something that still needs to stabilize.

Eventually we will pass to FGU, but frankly speaking I am waiting for this Dynamic LOS+Dynamic lighting to be in effect and some feedback on stability of software.

As a GM using mask on the maps is boring and takes time and what will change my life would be this new feature. I find the Dynamic LOS without dynamic lighting quite stupid, thanks god Devs realized the importance of this feature.

I have faith.

I heard that FGU has stability issues, normal in such a new software. FG classic never crashed in 5 years of continuous use. So I am afraid to change something very good with something that still needs to stabilize.

Eventually we will pass to FGU, but frankly speaking I am waiting for this Dynamic LOS+Dynamic lighting to be in effect and some feedback on stability of software.

As a GM using mask on the maps is boring and takes time and what will change my life would be this new feature. I find the Dynamic LOS without dynamic lighting quite stupid, thanks god Devs realized the importance of this feature.

I have faith.
    Unity is very stable, I use it few times per week to run games (~4-5 hours) and much more hours for prep or development activities. The release is very stable and so far I had single crash which was caused to some extent by me. While it is not snappy as Classic (yet) if you look for stability - it is already there.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I've been using Unity since the STEAM release, and haven't had a single crash so far. It works very well for me.

I wanted so much to be surprised with an update that adds the light source and vision limit until before the end of January.

FGU is acceptably stable for me. I have been running two games a week for months and the only problems we have experienced have been occasional player connect/disconnect issues (maybe be more to do with their ISP) and a slowdown I posted about in another thread when searching the assets window with too short a search string. Other than that FGU runs smoothly for us.

I've never had a crash and performance issues were solved by the end of beta (with that one exception) for me.

Last week I ran a four hour session for 5 x 8th level 5E characters vs. something upwards of 40 foes in the tracker at once, line of sight turned on - solid as a rock.

Cheers, Hywel

As a GM using mask on the maps is boring and takes time and what will change my life would be this new feature. I find the Dynamic LOS without dynamic lighting quite stupid, thanks god Devs
    realized the importance of this feature.
    I have faith.
    I switched from Classic to Unity back in November.
    It works flawlessly with no issues.
    Cheers!

Do we have a expected release date for this Dynamuc LOS + Dynamic lighting? Say 6 months from now?

P.s. about stability maybe I was wrong on FGU, I was probably mistaking stability of Host with connectivity issues of clients (drop of connection of clients). We have it occasionally on FGC, but not very often, it could be once every 10 hours.

So if connectivity of FGU is like FGC for me is ok. I will then wait for this new feature of Dynamic LOS+Lighting. I am near the end of my campaign as a GM, will finish in the next 6 months, then before starting new campaign I will probably upgrade to FGU.

Do we have a expected release date for this Dynamuc LOS + Dynamic lighting? Say 6 months from now?

P.s. about stability maybe I was wrong on FGU, I was probably mistaking stability of Host with connectivity issues of clients (drop of connection of clients). We have it occasionally on FGC, but not very often, it could be once every 10 hours.

So if connectivity of FGU is like FGC for me is ok. I will then wait for this new feature of Dynamic LOS+Lighting. I am near the end of my campaign as a GM, will finish in the next 6 months, then before starting new campaign I will probably upgrade to FGU.
    This month or latest Feb from what the devs said and allowing for bugs and such. They have the whole team working on dynamic light and the foundry only (and bug squishing is always ongoing)

Thread Information