5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 44 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    wow. Sounds amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    All tokens will have standard vision by default (i.e. can see as long as there is light). You will be able to add a couple unique vision types (such as darkvision and blindsight) as well.

Lights will be able to be added to maps directly; or added to a token. Lights will have a full brightness and dim brightness range, as well as coloring and a few effects as well.

By default (no tokens selected), players will see the vision/lighting from any tokens they "own" (i.e. their characters). If the party vision option is set, they will be able to select other party members and friendly NPCs to see their vision/lighting scenario.

We'll detail the rest in the wiki as we get closer. Adding this much detail has required us to rework many assumptions in the system in order to keep things from bogging down when using these new systems. So, it's still in progress.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully you'll have an anti-light or negative lights for darkness spells or similar effects. I have a Warlock with devil's sight that uses darkness spells and she is a pain to run since I don't want to slow things down too much.

No, we don't have a "dark light" or special handling for devilsight. We briefly talked about that, but it's relatively rare in most campaigns and there is no real obvious way to do this without overcomplicating the system.

You can try suggesting again once the lighting/vision release is settled; and see if Carl has any ideas on how to incorporate. (Darkness will be way easier than devilsight, which is a very unique type of exception.)

Regards,
    JPG

Question: I guessed there will be party vision based on LOS, lightings of party tokens and occluders.

So this party vision can be deselected so the client of each player will see only what that single token is actually seeing?

I would rather have my party having detached vision for each token in the combat tracker, so if the thief moves away and goes forward he and only he can see the map revealing, while others must rely on the his or my description as GM.

Did I guess right that vision can be PARTY vision or single vision at DM choice?

P.s. I am running currently FG Classic Ultimate since 2016 and I am waiting for these features to, maybe, update.

Yup. Though note that this is highly unlikely to ever make it into FG Classic, as Classic doesn't even have LOS now. (Unity already has party vision vs. player vision... just that it is infinite range, and everything is lit.)

Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post
    P.s. I am running currently FG Classic Ultimate since 2016 and I am waiting for these features to, maybe, update.
    I cannot envision them ever doing this - total waste of there minimal resources to rewrite classic. FGC will be unsupported in a year or two also - FGU is only one that will ever handle LOS related image features.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Sorry I explained wrongly. I am waiting for these features to get to FGU to upgrade from FGC Ultimate to FGU Ultimate.

As my experience with FG Classic is very good, till now I don't see the reason to update. One of the reason would be the dynamic LOS, occluders + dynamic lighting.

FG Classic is a real beast it never failed me/us in over 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post
    Question: I guessed there will be party vision based on LOS, lightings of party tokens and occluders.

So this party vision can be deselected so the client of each player will see only what that single token is actually seeing?

I would rather have my party having detached vision for each token in the combat tracker, so if the thief moves away and goes forward he and only he can see the map revealing, while others must rely on the his or my description as GM.

Did I guess right that vision can be PARTY vision or single vision at DM choice?

It will never make it to Classic. They moved to Unity because it will allow them to add features like LOS etc.

Default is individual LOS. Which when LOS VISION limits is implemented later this month (apparently if rumour has it) will be perfect. Can’t wait for oh you’re not holding a torch so that’s why you bumped into that dragon. Discussions. And oh your holding a torch and that’s why your stealth roll wasn't good enough to hide with a torch in hand
    Last edited by EllivasKram; January 19th, 2021 at 21:11.

Thread Information