Starfinder Playlist
Page 25 of 44 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulHunter View Post
    Neither do I. Any shape I use for the window - no splotch of any kind. Of course, if you hover over the shape in play mode you get the closed/open highlighted yellow shape, but that's just working like it's supposed to. I'm no pro on this, but I'd suggest for SilentRuin to update if they havan't or try to play around with extensions - maybe some of them could be messing with LOS and keeping it permanently highlighted. Or SilentRuin should contact the devs and consult them, maybe they have encountered this in development. That's my take on it.
    All I can say is if you have an odd contour with big spacing the yellow highlight was on permanently. Got around it by using the square placement. This was a cliff circumventing a valley in a very large swath of my map. Since I have a work around - and nobody else can duplicate it - I'm just going to move on.

And a comment on the new lighting going to test first - not that anyone will pay attention but I feel it must be stated somewhere....

Extensions have bits of CoreRPG and other ruleset code inside them sometimes because they cannot be changed and still call the old version (should always try to do this but not always possible). The new lighting changes will change some of these bits. When TEST comes out the extensions will have to make sure their bits are updated with any new stuff. This only happens if people are paying attention and know to do this. So fair warning:

When TEST comes up with lighting I predict a bunch of regular users will get on and try to play with it. I predict they will leave their extensions turned on when they do this. I predict they will report a whole bunch - of what I like to call - extension spam bugs as if its the actual lighting code with the issue. So I'd like to say to the people who do pay attention, that the only VALID bug to report during TEST phase to FGU is if you have 0 extensions turned on. And if you do have 1 extension turned on to test the behavior with it - then you can report that to the person who wrote it and say that their extension is messing up the lighting because you tested it with it on and with it off to verify it. But gist is - you should be testing with 0 extensions on if your just a regular user playing around with it. Or you will create a wall of SPAM errors that slow things down immensely.

END SPEACHIFICATION TO THE FUTURE TEST LIGHTING USERS
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    All I can say is if you have an odd contour with big spacing the yellow highlight was on permanently. Got around it by using the square placement. This was a cliff circumventing a valley in a very large swath of my map. Since I have a work around - and nobody else can duplicate it - I'm just going to move on.

And a comment on the new lighting going to test first - not that anyone will pay attention but I feel it must be stated somewhere....

Extensions have bits of CoreRPG and other ruleset code inside them sometimes because they cannot be changed and still call the old version (should always try to do this but not always possible). The new lighting changes will change some of these bits. When TEST comes out the extensions will have to make sure their bits are updated with any new stuff. This only happens if people are paying attention and know to do this. So fair warning:

When TEST comes up with lighting I predict a bunch of regular users will get on and try to play with it. I predict they will leave their extensions turned on when they do this. I predict they will report a whole bunch - of what I like to call - extension spam bugs as if its the actual lighting code with the issue. So I'd like to say to the people who do pay attention, that the only VALID bug to report during TEST phase to FGU is if you have 0 extensions turned on. And if you do have 1 extension turned on to test the behavior with it - then you can report that to the person who wrote it and say that their extension is messing up the lighting because you tested it with it on and with it off to verify it. But gist is - you should be testing with 0 extensions on if your just a regular user playing around with it. Or you will create a wall of SPAM errors that slow things down immensely.

Silent Ruin, that is a very valid point. I have a special campaign now called my "clean test campaign" and it's a campaign with no extensions turned on. I can easily test one at a time. I have a second test campaign with all the extensions turned on that I use for testing other things (or making tutorials for my group), but I would encourage everyone to always try FIRST with NO extensions running (and maybe turn off all unnecessary modules as well).

I predict that unless Smiteworks put a Pop Up window on FGU when they do a major update with a link to a forum post detailing the changes and that extensions need updating there will always be people reporting bugs that are not bugs and that most of FG users will not use the Test version because they would rather play their game and not corrupt their campaign data permanently.

Well users ARE the bane of any developer's existence...

Video proof
    Last edited by Nylanfs; March 8th, 2021 at 15:44.

Removed at request of JPG.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 11th, 2021 at 20:49.

Sneaky I really like the lighting and my extensions seem unaffected in the superficial testing I've done - but just starting really.

But truly sneaky
    Do you mean to say that the function already in testing? If so, how do I get my hands on it bro?

Ok.
    Last edited by Egheal; March 11th, 2021 at 21:19.

Ok.
    Last edited by Egheal; March 11th, 2021 at 21:19.

Thread Information