Starfinder Playlist
Page 12 of 44 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    When the NPC token becomes visible on the map, will it toggle the NPC visibility on the combat tracker?
    I hope not. That is often used as an on/off DM tool to keep players from seeing things you may be working on.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I hope it does. It’s a huge pain to search for skeleton 17 in the long list on the combat tracker each time a NPC is seen on the map. It slows down gameplay. If it’s not turned on and the player attacks the token seen on the map, the to hit roll and damage is hidden from the player.

That is AWESOME!!! Can't wait to get my greedy paws on it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Fabulous.

But one question - does this mean that token settings of PC are settings per map and everytime we have to set it on maps, or it is something defined on PC level and every map to which the token is dropped retains the global settings?
    Yes in the short term. No, in the long term. Phase I will be adding it for GMs only and per map, per token. We know this is not ideal, so we will be working on integrating it with rulesets and the character sheet in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yes in the short term. No, in the long term. Phase I will be adding it for GMs only and per map, per token. We know this is not ideal, so we will be working on integrating it with rulesets and the character sheet in some fashion.
    Hey I'm all for it. Just watched all the tutorials. Super excited to see this feature soon. Hopefully it won't cause to many issues with all the extensions we already have lol

I hope it does. It’s a huge pain to search for skeleton 17 in the long list on the combat tracker each time a NPC is seen on the map. It slows down gameplay. If it’s not turned on and the player attacks the token seen on the map, the to hit roll and damage is hidden from the player.
    Being "seen on the map" and being "seen on combat tracker" are two completely different forms of "visibility" even though the map can be toggled by the CT one - not visa versa though. DO NOT make the CT visibility toggle trigger on map visibility toggles. It does not now - and should not in the future. IF I'm remembering that correctly that is

Yep just checked it - its a one way street on that setting and does not set the CT icon when I set a Visible Always on map. CT icon is for seeing in the CT (and the map). The Map setting is just for the map. Two different DB entries.

Granted this is a preference for me only as I don't have to search for skeleton 17 in a long list on combat tracker as my entries that are visible in CT are always short.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 29th, 2021 at 19:39.

One little question:
    WHEN?

Double post. Delete
    Last edited by kevininrussia; January 29th, 2021 at 20:19.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Being "seen on the map" and being "seen on combat tracker" are two completely different forms of "visibility" even though the map can be toggled by the CT one - not visa versa though. DO NOT make the CT visibility toggle trigger on map visibility toggles. It does not now - and should not in the future. IF I'm remembering that correctly that is

Yep just checked it - its a one way street on that setting and does not set the CT icon when I set a Visible Always on map. CT icon is for seeing in the CT (and the map). The Map setting is just for the map. Two different DB entries.

Granted this is a preference for me only as I don't have to search for skeleton 17 in a long list on combat tracker as my entries that are visible in CT are always short.
    Yeah, I totally disagree and want visibility on map to trigger visibility on combat tracker. The visibility “eye” can be used to manually override that for times you don’t want the token to be visible on combat tracker and map.

Yeah, I totally disagree and want visibility on map to trigger visibility on combat tracker. The visibility “eye” can be used to manually override that for times you don’t want the token to be visible on combat tracker and map.
    Doing that would require a lot more work than you realize (which is why it's probably not done now) and tying the two visibilities together is just more burden on player/host network updates. So I have to totally disagree - with your total disagreement

Unless they can do it with minimal debugging burden impact (effort) and that it does not cross over multiple rulesets needing to be tweaked. Really - effort and reliability is what I object to about this.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 29th, 2021 at 20:24.

Thread Information