FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 44 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    This may be a "duh" type of question - but if I have a player with a torch equipped and another with no light source at all - how will these interact? In other words, if the guy with torch is at the front and turns a corner (all examples assume LOS in effect) will the room he just left go pitch black just because he's out of direct sight? Or is there some reflective lesser light applied?

If just raw LOS type of lighting I assume it would go pitch black the second the light source is "out of sight" regardless of the fact light reflects off walls and such. Just want to make sure there is not some very cool tricks going on to deal with light not being simply "sight". I get its harder to do that sort of thing but just wondered about it.
    I will confirm once I get my hands on it to fully test it, but I believe that content revealed by the torchlight would remain visible, but that the player that gets left behind may find themselves sitting in the dark with the torch light visible up ahead. Our token locking and movement allows for movement through darkened areas and you stop automatically when you hit an obstacle that you didn't otherwise see. The tool also allows the GM to modify the amount of falloff for light sources so it doesn't have to be a sharp drop from light to dark.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The tool also allows the GM to modify the amount of falloff for light sources so it doesn't have to be a sharp drop from light to dark.
    Now that is impressive!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Looking forward to that feature!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Vision is token specific. Vision distance is implemented. The way each vision type is rendered differs, such as darkvision showing as grayscale. If you have 30' vision provided by a torch and another player has 60' darkvision, they will both see what is in the torch light but the darkvision player will see out further in grayscale. I'm still waiting for my version to play with and I'll be doing some experiments with it all over the holidays.
    Oh man, this is gonna be cool! I am excited to see how this works!

I will confirm once I get my hands on it to fully test it, but I believe that content revealed by the torchlight would remain visible, but that the player that gets left behind may find themselves sitting in the dark with the torch light visible up ahead. Our token locking and movement allows for movement through darkened areas and you stop automatically when you hit an obstacle that you didn't otherwise see. The tool also allows the GM to modify the amount of falloff for light sources so it doesn't have to be a sharp drop from light to dark.
    That falloff sounds very cool.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

What happens when a character with darkvision closes his dominate eye and he is in torch light as well?.........

This is a sarcastic question...... haha
    ~Drake

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakePD View Post
    What happens when a character with darkvision closes his dominate eye and he is in torch light as well?.........

This is a sarcastic question...... haha
    It should automatically revert to Cyclopean darkvision. The problem is that if the character stares directly at the torch light for more than a few seconds and then looks into the darkvision space, they just see colored spots.

It should automatically revert to Cyclopean darkvision. The problem is that if the character stares directly at the torch light for more than a few seconds and then looks into the darkvision space, they just see colored spots.
    LOL. I think he's just winding us all up now
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is looking amazing!
    I'm wondering - do those walls and lines have a "height" that you can set for longer shadows etc?

Thread Information