5E Character Create Playlist

Strange Dice Results ?

I was testing the dice coding and this code does not work: /die 2d8r2e7. This is from the FG guide, what it is supposed to do is roll 2d8, reroll any result of 2 or lower and explode (roll anther die to add to the total for any result of 7 or greater). From the look of it, the 2nd part of the statement gets ignored. For example, if you switch the coding and put /die 2d8e7r2, you will explode on 7+ but not reroll any 2 or lower. If you go with the original way it is set up it will reroll all 2 or lower but not explode any 7 or greater."

The example is at https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...1/Rolling+Dice.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    You posted in FGC House of Healing. Did you mean to post in FGU? Pretty sure FGC does not support dice expressions

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for reporting. I have another report of multiple die modes not working in conjunction that I'm tracking as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Hi Moon Wizard

While looking at the Dice engine could you consider the following:

Exploding Dice that explode negatively as well.

example: d10
    result: 10 roll again and keep both values (10,5 = 15, 10,10,5 = 25, 10,1 = 11)
    result: 2-9 keep value
    result: 1 roll again if its the first 1 - the new roll is subtracted from the initial result (1) and no further explosions (1,5 = -4, 1,10 = -9, 1,1 = 0)

I have found a similar problem of "two modes" not working well with another, I thought it may fit here: One gets a problem with a negative die and the reroll mechanism:

For example take /die -1d10r1, this is a negative d10, but when it rerolls any 1, then the new result will not have a negative sign, resulting to that the result is positive instead (so, a rolled 2 would be a -2 normally, but when it rerolls a 1 as a 2, then the result is a +2 instead of the expected -2

Hence, it seems the the negative sign is forgotten after the reroll (but of course an edge case )

Thread Information