5E Character Create Playlist

Failure to drag spell tokens on the character sheet

I have the 5E_B9_SpellTokens.ext (not version 1.8) for FGU. It should create an additional line under the spell name and a slot for spell tokens after the spell name (right side) on a spell caster's character sheet. But this line does not show up. I have done this several times in the past i.e. with the light spell for clerics (5e) and other spells and it worked fine (but showed the spell slot in front, left side). Those tokens already on a sheet are still usable by players. I just can't add new ones to the sheet. I am a little confused right now. I can still use all spell tokens on a map with no problems. The tokens are from the D&D 5e Spell Tokens 2.1 (DM's Guild). I use some of the critical awesome extensions (one-click druide etc.) too. All are the newest version available. Is there a known issue after some updates of FGU or are those extensions now obsolete? Or is it a handling error from my side?

PROBLEM SOLVED.
    Last edited by Zorngrimm; December 14th, 2020 at 12:30.

I'd suggest that you take this up with whoever created the module/extension or whatever it is on the DMsGuild.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Iakal View Post
    I have the 5E_B9_SpellTokens.ext (not version 1.8) for FGU. It should create an additional line under the spell name and a slot for spell tokens after the spell name (right side) on a spell caster's character sheet. But this line does not show up. I have done this several times in the past i.e. with the light spell for clerics (5e) and other spells and it worked fine (but showed the spell slot in front, left side). Those tokens already on a sheet are still usable by players. I just can't add new ones to the sheet. I am a little confused right now. I can still use all spell tokens on a map with no problems. The tokens are from the D&D 5e Spell Tokens 2.1 (DM's Guild). I use some of the critical awesome extensions (one-click druide etc.) too. All are the newest version available. Is there a known issue after some updates of FGU or are those extensions now obsolete? Or is it a handling error from my side?

PROBLEM SOLVED.
    I had same issue until I realized you have to load (reload) the spells into the character sheet fresh. Working now.
    Last edited by Blackwolfe; January 24th, 2021 at 17:49.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

I'd suggest the same to you as above. Take it up with the author on the DMsGuild.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, and that's great sensible rational advice. Is there a reason why we shouldn't share fixes here since this is where Google search ALWAYS sends Me when looking for fixes by other DM's and players?
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    Yes, and that's great sensible rational advice. Is there a reason why we shouldn't share fixes here since this is where Google search ALWAYS sends Me when looking for fixes by other DM's and players?
    The short answer to that would be that not everybody who releases on DMsGuild checks the forums here, and your best answer is likely to come from the creator. I have seen discussions here in the FG forums, and have seen comments from the creator of this extension, but it's not always guaranteed that they will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    Normally I’d direct you to the forum thread where the extension could be downloaded, but since there isn’t one then your only option is to post on the DMsGuild. In the first instance I’d check the DMsGuild to see whether there is an updated version of the extension. As noted above not every extension posted on the DMsGuild gets much discussion here, and the author is more likely to see posts about issues on the DMsGuild.

Of course once we have the forge here then that will once again bring all the extensions under one roof.

Thread Information