5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

How to add pictures to monsters

Hi, I am new to fantasy grounds and d &d. Wanted to know how I can edit the portrait/pic of monsters. Some of them only show up as letters and I would like them to show up as certain pictures. Thanks!

Welcome to FG.

NPCs use tokens which you will find in Assets > tokens. Tokens will be in folders (or bags) which you can open by double clicking on them. Unlock the NPC (click the lock icon top right of the NPC sheet), and drag a new token and drop it onto the letter to replace it. If you cannot unlock the NPC then copy it first by dragging a little and drop it back down into the NPC list, then you can edit the copy to give it a new token.

You can add your own tokens into FGU by putting them in the tokens folder inside the FG data folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    rag a new token and drop it onto the letter to replace it
    Thanks mate, this bit was stumping me.

Welcome to FG.

NPCs use tokens which you will find in Assets > tokens. Tokens will be in folders (or bags) which you can open by double clicking on them. Unlock the NPC (click the lock icon top right of the NPC sheet), and drag a new token and drop it onto the letter to replace it. If you cannot unlock the NPC then copy it first by dragging a little and drop it back down into the NPC list, then you can edit the copy to give it a new token.

You can add your own tokens into FGU by putting them in the tokens folder inside the FG data folder.
    Yo is there a faster way to have all the NPCs i bought the source books for to have their default DnD tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by merploc View Post
    Yo is there a faster way to have all the NPCs i bought the source books for to have their default DnD tokens?
    Do you mean source books from third parties? Most, if not all NPCs should already have a token. But if you want to change that token then you'll need to drag them in individually; there's no quick way to add tokens to multiple NPCs at once.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Do you mean source books from third parties? Most, if not all NPCs should already have a token. But if you want to change that token then you'll need to drag them in individually; there's no quick way to add tokens to multiple NPCs at once.
    One thing that I have found is when I setup encounters or going through a bought module that uses letters for the tokens; I open each encounter and replace the token there. It won't stick around if I use that type of creature in a new encounter but it does allow me to have a quickly convert over all the creatures in the encounter since you can change the main token from the creature, say wolf, and it will update all of the wolves in that one encounter to the new token. Now sometimes it is just nice to have multiple tokens for the same type of creature (say you have an encounter with orcs and you want some to have swords, others to have maces, etc just for difference sake).

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    Now sometimes it is just nice to have multiple tokens for the same type of creature (say you have an encounter with orcs and you want some to have swords, others to have maces, etc just for difference sake).
    You can do this by dragging in one Orc to the encounter and adjust the number as needed; then change the token for that line. Then drag in another Orc (which creates a new line even if it's the same NPC you just dragged in) and give that line a different token. You can repeat this as many times as you want.

Thread Information