STAR TREK 2d20

Image Quality in Rulesets

All of the images seem to be low rez, compared to the nice crisp images in the PDF rules. Was this done for a reason? Is there a way we can get higher rez images into the rulesets?
    Equipment does not bother me (much) but the lower rez deck plans have little to no value during game plan.
    I am always ripping images out of PDF, exporting in photoshop, adding to assets in FG, before I can have something reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by geewaagh View Post
    All of the images seem to be low rez, compared to the nice crisp images in the PDF rules. Was this done for a reason? Is there a way we can get higher rez images into the rulesets?
    Equipment does not bother me (much) but the lower rez deck plans have little to no value during game plan.
    I am always ripping images out of PDF, exporting in photoshop, adding to assets in FG, before I can have something reasonable.
    Hi,

All images are done to the same quality, and are resized to fit in with requirements. All are edited (every single one) in Photoshop and then exported as Jpeg 7.

Which image do you think it's low res? Attach a screen shot and basic info, I assume you're on FGU, what screen resolution do you have, what platform are you on etc.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hey MBM,

I guess you just answered by question. "resized to fit in with requirements". Don't know what the requirements are, but kinda of a shame unless the ruleset would become unwieldy.
    Generally, the images are fuzzy and low rez. They can be shown to players and they will get the idea, but I would have liked sharp images, even if they were small. Is this is an FGU issue more than Classic? FGU graphics have always been a bit lack-luster.

Setup wise, I am running WIN 10, FGU, 2560X1440 (but same issue on second monitor 1920x1080)

FGU vs PDF.jpg
    FGU Zoomed.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by geewaagh View Post
    Hey MBM,

I guess you just answered by question. "resized to fit in with requirements". Don't know what the requirements are, but kinda of a shame unless the ruleset would become unwieldy.
    Generally, the images are fuzzy and low rez. They can be shown to players and they will get the idea, but I would have liked sharp images, even if they were small. Is this is an FGU issue more than Classic? FGU graphics have always been a bit lack-luster.

Setup wise, I am running WIN 10, FGU, 2560X1440 (but same issue on second monitor 1920x1080)

FGU vs PDF.jpg
    FGU Zoomed.jpg
    Hi,

Remember all images are JPEG format, so you can't zoom them to keep the quality. In a PDF the image is normally 2000px wide.

The Cloth Armour image on the PDF is 589 x 1377 (72.6kb), in the FG it's 326 x 775 (49kb), both of them are 72 resolution.

I use my 3440x1440p monitor and it's work fine.

So email SW about making the images bigger then over 700px wide/height. But most people just use 1080p monitor, and if the images are bigger, then the MOD would be a lot bigger as well, at the moment it's 27.644kb.

Off to bed.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information