5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Toll the Dead - options to ring for attention with chat activity!

Introducing Toll the Dead, an extension to draw your attention to the chatbox by making a bell noise. You have the option to turn this off in your client settings, notify on GM activity only, or notify when anyone puts a message in the chatbox.

Inspired by esmdev and Lo Zeno and their particular accessibility requirements!

You can find the extension on the Forge, here:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/826/view

Toll the Dead is part of the Fantasy Grounds Unofficial Developers Guild. Please use GitLab or this thread for reporting any issues, thanks!

Hi. We played quite a bit this weekend and there was a general consensus that you've greatly improved our game, so thanks again.

One thing we wondered if is it possible to ding only on chat msg and not die rolls and various combat messages. I'd be happy to type /bell in front of a message or something like that if it would help. I'm not familiar with the message system so don't know what can and can't be done. Even if nothing it already helps a lot.

Edit: meant to say various combat messages

Toll the Dead has been updated to version 1.1.0:
    * Removed ruleset restrictions (this extension is designed for all CoreRPG rulesets)
    * Ding only on chat messages (not secret or system messages like dice rolls)

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    Toll the Dead has been updated to version 1.1.0:
    * Removed ruleset restrictions (this extension is designed for all CoreRPG rulesets)
    * Ding only on chat messages (not secret or system messages like dice rolls)
    Awesomesauce!

Hi. I did a local test this morning.

It does not appear to ring on most chat messages (just chat, /ooc, /emote) but it does ring on /action. I meant to check if it rings on dragging narration text from story, but forgot and am away from system now.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi. I did a local test this morning.

It does not appear to ring on most chat messages (just chat, /ooc, /emote) but it does ring on /action. I meant to check if it rings on dragging narration text from story, but forgot and am away from system now.
    Thanks for the testing! I was not aware of the /action type I take it you don't want it to ring on that, but to make sure it does ring on story text drops?

The /action ring is working correctly, the others types of chat, including just entering something and hitting enter, are not ringing at all.

Story drop should ring, didn't check if it did while I was at system.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    The /action ring is working correctly, the others types of chat, including just entering something and hitting enter, are not ringing at all.

Story drop should ring, didn't check if it did while I was at system.
    Oh, bummer! Can you tell me, what ruleset are you playing with? I'll see if that makes a difference and get it patched regardless!

Currently playing Pathfinder 2.

Incidentally I did check with and without extensions/themes but got same result with brand new campaign with only toll loaded. Hope that helps.

Thread Information