5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Only 5e.
    bummer. oh, well - thx for answering... all the best.

looks like SA and the new Vehicle update do not like each other. Just tested turning off all extensions and narrowed it down to this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by meadegendar View Post
    looks like SA and the new Vehicle update do not like each other. Just tested turning off all extensions and narrowed it down to this one.
    This was a proof of concept project (mentioned in post 1) but unfortunately due to how FGU manages some data it turned out to not be viable (can't pre-load everything on the map without killing the system). If/when they alter how the CT/effects are managed I'll revisit it but for now it's just a thing to wish for. The tldr; need to be able to have npcs on the map but not in the CT. While I did "hide" them they were still there so certain systems in FG still processed them which caused the resource/latency issue previously mentioned.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Ok so for now. You recommend do not use. ?

Hopefully Smiteworks will cater for your extn in their logic and or implement it directly.

I saw performance issues myself but the ability to preconfigure ambushes and similar was fantastically useful.

Maybe Smiteworks could make a new token class that is in effect an encounter to add into the CT but when on the map interacts with vision

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Currently the extension places the npcs into the CT. When you remove them it will set tokenvis to 0 (invisible) and remove them from the CT. Adding in something like token grouping would require additional UI/windows and increase the complexity for users.

If/when they add API calls to know if a token can see a token via LOS I will consider having options to auto "add" (but not remove) npcs from the CT in or other visibility behavior in FGU. Right now, it's entirely up to the DM to manually resolve.
    If someone wants to take on the project the git repo is current version and linked in the first post.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Well, it was lovely while it lasted.

Combat Groups is out there that has similar functionality, and it does indeed work...at least for now.
    Last edited by ShadowedHand; September 12th, 2022 at 04:14.

Thread Information