5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You could start with the extension knocked out and attached. I didn't do testing but it's a function thats similar to my general 2E custom extension I use for doing things like you're wanting (one shot things).

The .ext file is just a renamed zipped file so extract it to your own and edit away to do whatever you need.

/bulkchange [records] [field] Value here

Example:
    /bulkchange npc source A new Source Value

Would set the "source" field on ALL npcs to "A new Source Value"

There are various debug outputs in the process so add more if you need and look to see what it's doing.

See attached.

Ok. Am I supposed to fo this in the chat of FG?

I mean, adding the "terrain" field to all NPCs is as simple as loading this extension and then write in chat:

/bulkchange npc source Terrain

???

Quote Originally Posted by Vassago77 View Post
    I mean, adding the "terrain" field to all NPCs is as simple as loading this extension and then write in chat:

/bulkchange npc source Terrain

???
    You'd want /bulkchange npc terrain Temperate/Coastal or something like that. I'm not sure thats what you want. It wont make that field show in the 5E npc view or anything, but the data will exist on the NPC record and Encounter Safari will see it.

I suspect you want a more precise way to set these... This is just a example of how an extension works and flipping through npcs for you to get started.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thank you for the input!

What I’m looking for is an extension that adds a field called “Terrain” to the NPCs sheet. After that,I can manually populate each NPC with different values, hopefully from a drop down menu or something like that.

After this, I can use the amazing Encounter Safari to filter.

I have no idea where to start from though. I hope I can some instruction manual somewhere.

This list of monsters (more like creatures) offers filters for "Environment": Arctic, Coastal, Desert, Forest, Grassland, Hill, Mountain, Swamp, Underdark, Underwater, Urban.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/homebrew/monsters
    Last edited by Weissrolf; December 12th, 2020 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Vassago77 View Post
    Thank you for the input!

What I’m looking for is an extension that adds a field called “Terrain” to the NPCs sheet. After that,I can manually populate each NPC with different values, hopefully from a drop down menu or something like that.

After this, I can use the amazing Encounter Safari to filter.

I have no idea where to start from though. I hope I can some instruction manual somewhere.
    Ah, ok I misunderstood but I know what you're talking about now.

Something else you should have is:

Climate (temperate, ocean, fresh water, desert, etc...)
    Frequency (common,uncommmon,rare/etc)
    Diet (Carnivore,Herbavore/etc)
    Activity (day/night/any)
    Organization (clan, solitary, pack)
    NumberAppearing (3d12+5)

That sorta stuff
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Celestial, you understand me now!

I wan to to be able to have fields that I can populate, so I can more easily filter and prepare for random encounters. Chief among them will be "Terrain" or "Environment", but the fields you suggest are absolutely important too. If you have any idea how to easily do this, drop me a line!

Thread Information