FG Spreadshirt Swag

Can a Heritage modify an Ability Score?

I've been trying to create a Heritage data record that modifies the base ancestry's ability scores with no luck. Is there a way to get that to work?

Heritages have freeform features, with the beginnings of some automation available (make sure you enable the "Show Ability Automation Field" option in the campaign).

You could do it direct on the database via an automation string for a heritage feature. See info here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ental+Features using dbnumber and +2 (assuming it's a +2).

For example: dbnumber:abilities.charisma.tempmod:+2 would add +2 to the tempmod field of the Charisma ability - this is the little bubble modifier that can be set with CTRL+mousewheel. You obviously need to understand the charsheet DB structure to be able to do this - look at it in db.xml for an example character.

There are some examples of automation in the lookup data records - filter 1 - Category by "Versatile Heritages" and look at the features that have an "A" to the left of the names.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 11th, 2020 at 20:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

can you specify multiple modifications delimited by semi-colon or something? Ideally I would want "dbnumber:abilities.charisma.score:+2;dbnumber:abi lities.intelligence.score:-2"

I tried two different features, one for the +2 to Cha and one for the -2 to Int, but it seems negative numbers don't work with dbnumber. I got a message saying it wasn't applied and to do it manually, but ability scores can't be edited it seems.

The traits and senses stuff works great though, those are exactly what I needed.
    Last edited by darrenan; December 11th, 2020 at 21:20.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I tried two different features, one for the +2 to Cha and one for the -2 to Int, but it seems negative numbers don't work with dbnumber. I got a message saying it wasn't applied and to do it manually, but ability scores can't be edited it seems.
    Try dbnumber:abilities.charisma.tempmod:+2;dbnumber:ab ilities.intelligence.tempmod:+-2 a go. The "+" is parsed out as part of a string and is really "add the following number to the existing number", so use +- to subtract a value.

They can't be directly edited at present - or at least they can, but then get overridden. The work around is to apply a CTRL+mousewheel modification, which works OK unless that stat reaches 18 - then the move to +1 per advance won't work correctly. Hence why I earlier mentioned using tempmod to adjust via the automation, not going direct to the score which is calculated based off the boosts applied during character creation and leveling (at 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th levels).

When I get to coding for rolling of abilities I'll add a freeform boost field for each ability that will cater to boosts outside of the normal character generation process.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    The traits and senses stuff works great though, those are exactly what I needed.
    Great!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information