DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Tasha, add optional class features to existing characters

I must be overlooking something: how does one add an optional Class feature from Tasha to an existing character without doing a level up by dragging the class into the sheet?

Drag and drop from a dummy character doesn't work.

It's not about the coding, it's about getting the entry and link in the features list on Abilities.
    Last edited by Milmoor; December 11th, 2020 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    I must be overlooking something: how does one add an optional Class feature from Tasha to an existing character without doing a level up by dragging the class into the sheet?

Drag and drop from a dummy character doesn't work.

It's not about the coding, it's about getting the entry and link in the features list on Abilities.
    Go to the class in the Library, select the class you wish to add the class option from, then go to 'other' tab and drag the optional feature over from the Library to the Features group of the Abilities tab on the receiving character. Be aware some class options replace (Ranger) other features, or add (Barbarian) other things you will need to add/change manually.

As for the character wizard, I will add selecting a Tasha's option as a non-level up reason to save the character. Right now it's specifically looking for level up changes to trigger a save. Thanks for the catch. This will improve the level up functionality.

Open the existing character's abilities tab and then open the class in Tasha; then simply drag and drop the features into the abilities tab. (That is drag and drop does work).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

/duh

Thanks, I totally overlooked the links in the Classes, even though I've used them quite a few times.

Thread Information