DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP - Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords (Thu 20:30, UTC +8)

Looking for 1-2 players: Pathfinder 1e - Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path

FG License: GM has Ultimate so Demo players welcome. This is on FantasyGrounds Classic.

Session Frequency: Thursdays, Hong Kong Time 20:30 (8:30pm), UTC+8 start. For roughly 3 hours. This means in other regions this will be:
    USA – early morning to midday... i.e. 6:30am CST (UTC -7)
    Europe – Midday to afternoon... i.e. 12:30pm London, (UTC 0)
    SE Asia – Evening

Campaign started: Starting Book 2, all characters at level 3~4.

Term: Long term.
    The goal is to complete the adventure path. Most players in the group have been gaming together for years and we have every intention of keep this campaign running to its end..

Text or Voice: Voice, Discord (software) required.

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Web cam optional. Best to just ask the group for consent during game day. Same with Live streaming on Twitch. 

Roleplay & Combat mix: Mixed. It really depends on what part of the adventure, and by the time you have your session 1 it might swing either way.

Number of Players in game & needed: We have 3 solid players and really only want 1-2 more player who fits in with current player group.

Character Starting Level, Equipment, Restrictions:
    - Level 3, standard starting wealth (3,000 gp).
    - standard 15 point buy
    - You’re expected to purchase all your equipment before session 1 and cannot retain more than 10% of your starting gold.
    - No crafting of any kind before session 1 is done.
    - Approved book list will be supplied once you’re interested — no need to further clutter this text wall.

If you need help with this, i can help, or ask other players to assist with the build.

Details of the scenario:
    Adventurers have been into Sandpoint for varying reasons and coincidentally being swept into a series of events that calls for heroes.

Between a goblin attack, the missing body of the former high priest and a massive goblin attack, players are now in the final confrontation to the source of all these troubles.

Player buy in:
    This campaign will only work if you build and play a character that you enjoy and that is willing to work with the other characters in the party.

You are expected have you character ready for each game session and expected to know how all your abilities work. However, we are flexible and happy to work with beginner players who are still figuring it all out, as long as:
    - Its done out of game time and...
    - you’re patient toward the process as well. Pathfinder can be daunting with the rules so patience on both sides would be best.

Sorting out abilities/skills/feats when done in game, is only allowed if it can be sorted quickly. If not, we will rule that you cannot use that ability/skill/feat, up till we sort that out before next session. Typically over discord/chat and/or a spare session just to suss out how to setup/use the new abilities.

Currently party make up includes:
    - Skald
    - Slayer
    - Wizard
    - Cleric

Group can benefit from having a Front-line tanky character.

IMPORTANT: 
Please DO NOT APPLY to join this group if you:
    - Mostly enjoy sabotaging the characters of other players.
    - Have a hard time keeping honest.
    - Are a rules lawyer, get a kick out of debating game mechanics or just plain argumentative.
    - Think Pathfinder games should run like a video game.
    - Enjoy undermining the GM.
    - Will probably only play for a few weeks or months. We really want a long-term commitment.
    - Are not available most Thursdays (20:30 UTC+8) for the game time.
    - Have already played or read the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path or researched it on YouTube. The spoilers ruin the fun for everyone.

As a general rule, we will keep rule debates to a minimum during game time for the sake of moving the story on. And if such arises I will just arbitrarily set a ruling (DM Fiat, Rule 0) just to get things moving. There are also house rules which i will detail during session 0.

But this doesn’t mean that rule discussion is discouraged, just best to have the in depth discussion outside of game time via chat.

Lethality (Medium-High):
    There is always some risk of death, that will not be avoidable. So far there has been already 4 character deaths and we are just about to finish Book 1.

Social:
    We have fun, but we also like to keep the game flowing.

Character Backstories:
    Links to Sandpoint and/or the party is highly encouraged. Will send a link on the available books separately.

About the Mbolzar:

Been playing D&D (AD&D, 3.0-3.5, Pathfinder) on and off since 1990’s till present.

Had previously run Rise of the Runelords in its 3.5 form, Freeport series, Into the Unknown and a spattering of other adventures.

If interested:
 Private message me (Mbolzar) or respond to this thread. You will be invited to join in on a discord introductory session 0 to meet and get to know the some of other players and chat about your planned character.

We will start your actual session 1 when you have:
    - Set up discord

- Completed your basic character set up, and
    - Have Fantasy Grounds setup
    - Gone thru session 0 to download all the FG files from Mbolzar’s server, and have a chat to cover whatever is missing.

If at that point, you like us, and everyone is happy we will ask you to make a commitment to the long-term campaign. We will not be offended if our group is not for you. It is just as important that you feel comfortable and happy with us and vice versa.
    Last edited by Mbolzar; January 20th, 2021 at 05:14. Reason: Changed the ability scores to only 15 pt buy.

I am a 58 yr old man and have been playing dnd since ver 1. Pathfinder is a game I have yet to explore but am familiar with 3.5 FR. As for modules I have hardly played any since I tend to run my own campaigns on the table.

I am interested in your game and have discord. I would love to role the cleric... I am totally new to Fantasy Grounds. Learning curve is slowly flattening out....

Let me know if I can fit in. I live in the US CST.

My Discord is Nagabushy #0849

Thanks Nagawarlord for the interest. I’ve PM’ed you and we’ll go from there

Let me look know if you guys are still looking for bodies. Not sure what I'd like to make, but I enjoy playing the Magus, Alchemist , cleric, or a martial class. Discord username is papacaine#8247. Looking forward to hearing from you.

im new to Pathfinder but i have played 3.5 and 5ei played in 1 pathfinder campaign and would be very interested to do another i would probably play a bragonblooded gnome sorcerer

Hi Jujex,

Yes still looking for bodies. Will send you a invite via PM...

We are still looking for players in this game. I am a current player in the game and you can also message me if you are interested. Mbolzar has been pretty busy with work and i am on holidays at the moemnt so can set you up.

Send me a message and i will PM my discord name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Kneecap View Post
    We are still looking for players in this game. I am a current player in the game and you can also message me if you are interested. Mbolzar has been pretty busy with work and i am on holidays at the moemnt so can set you up.

Send me a message and i will PM my discord name.
    Thanks Rusty! yes we are still looking players here....

Been massively busy so if you can also PM Rusty as above would appreciate it.

If your looking for more players (Sydney time zone) can and willing to play a fighter class if the group needs one , PM me if you like to know more , mature age player

Thread Information