FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Apologies if my remarks are getting tedious!

I have discovered in FGU damage is not applied in the CST if you just target the ship and drag the dice to the dialogue box. What works perfectly is if you drag the damage dice to the ship you are targeting (just remember to deduct armour after until next update).

Playing with High Guard has made me read the MGT2 Core spaceship combat rules much more closely. Any hit with Effect 6+ is a crit and every 10% increment of Hull points taken (on ships under 1000 tons) adds another crit. Experience from Pirates of Drinax suggests range is crucial and high gunnery skill and a good fire control program can see a lightly armed Far Trader take out a Mercenary Cruiser with lucky rolls!

I have not even got to looking at the new weapons in High Guard yet but great to see so many ships and am really enjoying playing with it. Well done MBM!

No need to apologize. MBM likes feedback and comments. He can't always do anything about everything but he does a good job on addressing things that he is able.

Has anyone had any thoughts on incorporating a battlemap into space combat, or do you think its better to just run it from the starship combat tracker?

@demonsamurai i use a map to give my players a visual idea

Capture.PNG

@Ramid, we used this one last time i found on a Traveller FB page Colour combat chart.jpg

But also i quite like this simpler one :space combat radar.png

Ooh that colour combat chart.looks.awesome!

With Unity you can set the distance of your hexes from 1.5 meters to 1 km (or any other custom combo). Makes measuring pretty simple as seen in demonsamurai's picture.

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    With Unity you can set the distance of your hexes from 1.5 meters to 1 km (or any other custom combo). Makes measuring pretty simple as seen in demonsamurai's picture.
    I've been told in FGU that they're working on a distance script, so that means maybe that using maps we can work out the distance in code!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Space Combat?

Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    Bought High Guard and very pleased.

Can anyone talk me through the steps?
    Travellers: This is my speculation as to how the new Space Combat goes step by step. I may well be wrong, and welcome other peoples experience.
    I am operating FGU, MGT2E Core Ruleset v1.2.o.a, I have High Guard loaded and I have no mods active.

Two space ships are within range & detected one another (Role played using skills and standard FG roll process).

The ships decided to engage in combat while at medium range (no affect on to hit rolls).

Initiatives are rolled by the ship captains (role played by skills checks etc).

Ships begin maneuvers and both decide to close distance (to follow ships in space I imported an image of a tracking sheet I made).

The GM opens the Spacecraft Combat Tracker (SCT) and has both ships placed on the combat tracker (see accompanying graphic).

During role play the player’s ship’s crew target their Far Trader opponent. To represent this in FG on the SCT use the gunsight reticle, click and drag the reticle to the enemy ship to “target the ship” (this can also be role played by having the sensor operator or the gunner attempt a target lock skill roll a failed skill check results in no target lock this round).

First shot, make a “to hit” roll by opening the weapons feature (it is the small pistol icon). Then double click the small D20 symbol in the second to the last box. (NOTE: I am NOT sure how the gunner’s skills are accounted for from among the many crew members who may have the Gunner (turret) skill.

We assume the shots fired score a hit, and then double click the small D20 symbol in the damage box which is the last box on the right.

The SCT doesn’t automatically deduct damage to the hull. I have found that I just subtract the damage from the die roll and then manually change the damage number reducing it down.

That is as far as I have figured thing out.

I don’t know what the symbol of the two people represents nor how to manipulate their row.

I don’t know how to change the range setting

I don’t know if the player character’s skills are or will be incorporated into the SCT or if all their skills will remain manually calculated during space combat.

I look forward to comments from the league of fellow Travellers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by demonsamurai View Post
    @Ramid, we used this one last time i found on a Traveller FB page Colour combat chart.jpg

But also i quite like this simpler one :space combat radar.png
    Do you have a link to the Traveller Page/Source for the color combat chart?
    I would love to do that up for all my games

Thread Information