DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Heres how to make an Emanation(aura) move with a token

You could use this for certain spells too like Flaming Sphere (just make a fake NPC with a flaming Ball Token and change it's size)

See the image
    Emanation.png

There! Now when you move a token you can see who's getting(or losing) a benefit (or penalty) from a emanation.

Of course if the person gets enlarged or reduced you will have to take that into account (but how often does that happen?)
    Last edited by Willot; December 8th, 2020 at 03:01.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Willot, suppose you wanted your 2nd edition Paladin to come to path 2e but you also wanted to keep its tradition 'protection from evil aura 10'.

Is this what you do with the token? So I change the tokens 'size' to 20' and keep the reach at 5'? Also the half squares in the corner do not count > correct?

Will this trick work for some spells like pro evil or would I need to assign that spell/effect to a fake token and keep it with the players token?

Sorry I am asking stupid questions.

Larsenex

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    So I change the tokens 'size' to 20' and keep the reach at 5'? Also the half squares in the corner do not count > correct?
    Yes, the corner squares dont count because only 1/4 of the square is covered by the Red (look again only one corner is covered in red, 1/4). Half covered squares or more do count. This half or more squares "method" is used because it works for more irregular shapes like cones. The 5' reach kinda messes up because FG thinks it's 5' beyond it's size, so you kinda just have to remember it's reach is still only around it's token, which isnt too hard.
    It's just occurred to me I guess you could use the Reach Field and Size Field to represent a Two Auras you may have on you of differing sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Will this trick work for some spells like pro evil or would I need to assign that spell/effect to a fake token and keep it with the players token?
    This method does nothing for mechanical effects. It is merely a visual way of seeing who is coming under the sway of an aura or emanation as the creature with the aura moves around the battlefield.
    Last edited by Willot; December 16th, 2020 at 22:23.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Thread Information