DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Any way to lock PC sheets?

Hey guys. I've recently started using Fantasy Grounds to run a Pathfinder 1E campaign and was wondering if it was possible to lock or otherwise freeze PC character sheets. I've had problems in the past with players changing or cheating their scores (though rare, admittedly). I see that it's possible for the GM to take ownership over a character, but that seems a bit overboard. Besides, then they wouldn't be able to move them in combat, among other things. I'm not really looking to take away control from the players, just make it so that any changes to the sheets go through me. What do you guys think? Any ideas?

In the last year or so, I've had players inadvertently change their character sheet by mistake. So, all of a sudden, I or they notice that the damage field on his sword has changed from "2d6", to "2dbrb need to go get a drink". Some sort of PC sheet lock would be nice.

I believe that through extension it would be possible to stop?
    Putting <gmeditonly />

Blog Entries
    I believe the idea is on the wish list, you can vote for it there

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I have created an extension called Trust Issues for 5E that allows the GM to lock/unlock all/individual character sheets.
    It doesnt lock Spells, Powers, Actions, Equipment at this stage.
    Need to see how it goes in practice.
    Its in the Forge for 250gold
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/104/view

Quote Originally Posted by CULTxdanjiro View Post
    Hey guys. I've recently started using Fantasy Grounds to run a Pathfinder 1E campaign and was wondering if it was possible to lock or otherwise freeze PC character sheets. I've had problems in the past with players changing or cheating their scores (though rare, admittedly). I see that it's possible for the GM to take ownership over a character, but that seems a bit overboard. Besides, then they wouldn't be able to move them in combat, among other things. I'm not really looking to take away control from the players, just make it so that any changes to the sheets go through me. What do you guys think? Any ideas?
    I'd be happy with locking some the add or subtract buttons or at least a warning message saying hey you are about to add/delete this spell or entire spell group. etc.

Thread Information