DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Player editable starships

So I've been searching for an answer to this without success. Is it possible for players to edit a PC owned starship? So far, it seems that as GM, I'm the only one that can create/modify the starship. Once the players are in, they can change their roles, but nothing else.

Is this something that's planned? I'd love it if I could create a blank ship and have my PCs create/upgrade their own ship like they do with their PCs.

They can not. The GM is the only one that can change the record.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Expanding the ownership is a tad tricky with how FG handles who can do what. I am tinkering with different methods, but have not solidified a solution yet. It will go live once it is found.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    So I've been searching for an answer to this without success. Is it possible for players to edit a PC owned starship? So far, it seems that as GM, I'm the only one that can create/modify the starship. Once the players are in, they can change their roles, but nothing else.

Is this something that's planned? I'd love it if I could create a blank ship and have my PCs create/upgrade their own ship like they do with their PCs.
    I have my players create their ship on this site https://jamesturneronline.net/starfinder-ship-builder/ and then they send me the save data and I recreate for them in FG. The site is free and has all the content. When I am ready to build the upgraded starship I make a copy of the current ship in the PC Ships window and add the TL to the end of the name then make the changes. This makes starship creation and upgrades very easy.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

That's a weird change. I've had players build a ship in the past, why was Starship Items removed?

Ship items was not removed. The button can be accessed under PC ships.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Ship items was not removed. The button can be accessed under PC ships.
    I miss-spoke, I saw that the button had been moved, but a while back I allowed the players to make starfighters, and now the Ship Item button is only available to the GM within the PC ships button. Just makes it harder now that it's me having to do it.

Was this something that you were still working on as far as the PC ownership goes?

I've also been trying to determine if it's a bug that. I am not able to add a bonus to the PCs starships AC and TL in the combat tracker, when the pilot takes an evade maneuver. It seems to be an edible field when there's an enemy ship but not the PC's ship.

Players can't change items on a PC ship if they are in the partysheet. If you would like to adjust the AC and TL there are misc boxes to adjust the automated number collection.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thanks! Superteddy57

I will use the misc to adjust.

A follow up question: Will PC's in the future be able to take the actions in the starship CT that the GM is currently doing. IE balancing shields, applying damage, system glitches and fixes?

Thread Information